GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Quick Shift Kit - Boomba Racing

mattavince

Passed Driver's Ed
Boomba, I just installed your kit yesterday. The short throw and added weight is mind bogglingly great.

However, I'm having trouble with the far staying in 3rd gear after the install as well as being very difficult to move the knob from the neutral position to the right. It os very tough.

Is this just simply due to the added weight (1.5Lbs), or is it something I will have to look further into?

Thanks guys.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Boomba Racing

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Boomba, I just installed your kit yesterday. The short throw and added weight is mind bogglingly great.

However, I'm having trouble with the far staying in 3rd gear after the install as well as being very difficult to move the knob from the neutral position to the right. It os very tough.

Is this just simply due to the added weight (1.5Lbs), or is it something I will have to look further into?

Thanks guys.

You installed the full kit? It sounds like something may be binding. Adding a short shifter will cause you to use a bit more force to get it into gear, but this sounds like more than that...

mattavince

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes I installed the full kit. I called your customer service, I will be removing the adapter to see if that is the cause. It feels like a binding issue as you stated.