GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Questioning the wisdom of VWoA killing all US Golfs aside from the GTI and R

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I think that's the crux of it. We established gas mileage standards for cars, and separate ones for SUVs and trucks, and suddenly, no one makes cars anymore.

gl0ry

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW Golf R
These decisions are made on the basis of car trends. More Americans are buying bigger vehicles for whatever reason. The trend will continue going that way until Americans start buying more reasonably sized vehicles.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
If they made a modern original size mini, that's what i would be driving.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
in america they brought the Taos to replace the golf the problem is the Taos is priced like a GTI so it didn't really replace anything. the Taos should be 22-23k and max out with best trims around 28-29 but instead its going for over 30 starting and why would anyone buy a Taos for 30k????? absolutely everything is messed up right now

I am afraid that I think the car industry will be disrupted for years to come and this will ultimately lead to the death of the combustible engine and all car sales will go online or straight from manufacturer to consumer and delivered right to your door off a tow truck
Bruh......we paid 37 for our Taos.

Granted it was fully loaded but that's what they cost.

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
Bruh......we paid 37 for our Taos.

Granted it was fully loaded but that's what they cost.
say what you must to feel better about the purchase, but you definitely over paid. thats r-Line Tiguan territory.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
say what you must to feel better about the purchase, but you definitely over paid. thats r-Line Tiguan territory.
You do know not everyone purchases just the base version and that some people care about the size of car they're buying? The Tiguan is massive. Other options we considered included the Audi Q3, BMW X1, and Volvo XC40, all of which were more expensive and didn't offer as many toys as the Taos.

In case you're curious I decided to spec out the Taos sitting in the driveway on VW's website and the price still hasn't changed.

1658500210685.png

Last edited:

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
You do know not everyone purchases just the base version and that some people care about the size of car they're buying? The Tiguan is massive. Other options we considered included the Audi Q3, BMW X1, and Volvo V40, all of which were more expensive and didn't offer as many toys as the Taos.

In case you're curious I decided to spec out the Taos sitting in the driveway on VW's website and the price still hasn't changed.

View attachment 256015
you bought an all wheel drive 1.5 158hp car for 40k. if youre okay with that, that is all that matters

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Just to come back to this, the Rocketman would be the perfect size. I love small cars, and something this size would be perfect. Save me from buying a Caterham and sticking an F20C in it.

As much as i like that, my vote would be caterham. We can do a time share like agreement 😁

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Just to come back to this, the Rocketman would be the perfect size. I love small cars, and something this size would be perfect. Save me from buying a Caterham and sticking an F20C in it.
That seems like a perfect little city car. I still have a hard time believing that the polo and Up! wouldn't do well around U.S. cities.