GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Question for Carista users

Hotsky

Ready to race!
I did a few cool and easy tweaks, but also not sure how to do a couple more things that i wanted.

1) mirror dip in reverse - didnt work. Not sure why???
2) digital clock on infotainment. How would i get that??
3) windows down with remote key. Again didn't work.
4) enabling corresponding DRL when turn signal is on. Didnt see an option for it

Anyone done this with their golf?

Last edited:

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I did a few cool and easy tweaks, but also not sure how to do a couple more things that i wanted.

4) enabling DRL when turn signal is on. Didnt see an option for it

Couldn’t get my mirror dip to work either.
Windows down - same... works on my mk6 but can’t get it to work on my 7.

I got Carista before I new about obd11... cause obd11 seems soo much better

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
You have to enable the mirror dip and windows down on your infotainment system after you enable it on your dongle. Enabling it on the dongle "unlocks" the option to turn it on using your car settings menu in the infotainment.

For mirror dip, you have to have your mirror adjustment knob turned to the right side at all times to get it to work. I think you'll find this feature loses its luster after a week of having to readjust your mirror because it doesn't return to the right spot, or it goes up and points at the sky instead of the ground

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI

4) enabling corresponding DRL when turn signal is on. Didnt see an option for it

Idk. #3 works (up and down) on MK7 GTIs

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
I believe so. Open for Up. Also should work holding the KESSY points on the front doors.

777-300ER

Go Kart Newbie
Incorrect

Non power folding mirrors do not have the encoders to detect mirror position. You can code it, and it will "work"... But the mirror will not return to its previous position nor will it know where to stop when put in reverse. I know, I tried it.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Mirror dip requires power folding mirrors.
Non power folding mirrors do not have the encoders to detect mirror position. You can code it, and it will "work"... But the mirror will not return to its previous position nor will it know where to stop when put in reverse. I know, I tried it.
Wrong (kinda). You do not need power folding mirrors for the mirror dip in reverse. It will work, and about 80% of the time it works correctly. But the other 20% of the time it works incorrectly is enough to annoy you into disabling it again.
Does it matter which button you hold down?
Lock button for windows up, unlock for windows down

777-300ER

Go Kart Newbie
Wrong (kinda). You do not need power folding mirrors for the mirror dip in reverse. It will work, and about 80% of the time it works correctly. But the other 20% of the time it works incorrectly is enough to annoy you into disabling it again.

I don't know what you did but it never ever worked for me. Would dip all the way down and would never come back. Installed power folders and it worked as expected.

CKIVSEPA

Passed Driver's Ed
Not sure if this is the right place for more CARISTA questions, but here goes.

2017 GTI Autobahn, 6speed, USA car.
I got the windows up/down to work.

I tried to change blinker for lane change from 3 to 5.
No change. Carista support says reset infotainment.
Did that, still no change.
Then they said reset the MFD. NO idea how to do that. Went through every menu I could find.
Tried holding down the mileage reset button... still can't find it.
Carista support says there should be a menu for "light & vis".
Couldn't find a menu for that.

Mirror dip - I read something on a different forum about a whole procedure to do moving from R to P and such... doesn't seem worth it in the long run. Abandoning my desire for that one.

Is there a list anywhere of the two different display changes, MFD and infotainment, where you change what image shows up? There is a long numbered list, but I have no idea what each means!

Finally is there a list anywhere that says what settings would be in Carista if you had things "factory".

Thanks all!!! Thinking about sending this thing back to Amazon for a return, but want to check for help before I give in to frustration and bail.