GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Question/advice etiquette

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I cringe so hard when someone that has spent 10k modding their car complains that he has to refinance the car now that the 3 year lease is up. Never spend money on something you dont own or cant afford

Those same people also make 240whp with tons of knock because that 10k mods was all junk and not one bit of quality was retained.

$300 CF paddle extensions & Cobb OTS tune BRO

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Is my clutch slipping? Why do I have to keep adding coolant? What muffler sounds the best? And etc etc.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Last edited:

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Nope, we all hate them lol
Its crazy how people actually come on the forums here, before they get the car. Like if you like it that much and are actually on the forums, just buy the car. I didn't even know this exsisted this about 4 months after I had the car I think idn. As others say DSG vs manual, thats a good one, and gti vs R or Switching to R, thats another good one

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
Sometimes I just want to tell people to sell their cars, a VW is not for you. You dont want to put in the research and all you want is for it to look and sound fast for and unreasonably low amount of money then complain about reliability when you fuck shit up.

Thankfully most of these people are in facebook groups and not on forums. The people here on the forums are much more knowledgeable and helpful. I know its really hard when you enter a new brand and dont know the nuances and quirks yet. Some of you are just treasures of knowledge and give back to us constantly. You know who you are and thank you.