GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Question about MIB2

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Well why didn't you ever tell me that?! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Now where can I get this dongle and software? Does the dash just need power and CAN for this to work?
The software used to be available on MIBSolution.eu but it has been shut down so not sure where to acquire it now.

I've got the .exe, but I wouldn't advise trusting random .exe files that people on forums send you. Nevertheless, I'm happy to upload it for you if you'd like to try running it in a sandboxed VM or something.

As for the dongle, any Chinese VCDS clone will do. I wouldn't normally recommend buying the Chinese clones because I'm not really one for piracy when it's a good company losing out, but given I was only using it for the mileage increase and I already have a legitimate dongle, I didn't feel too much of a jackass.

This is the one I bought: https://a.aliexpress.com/_mO6wbdH

It has to be a clone - the real VCDS dongle doesn't work.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Well why didn't you ever tell me that?! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Now where can I get this dongle and software? Does the dash just need power and CAN for this to work?
There's some guys around who will do this for you also, though it involves mailing them your cluster. If you're interested in that route, dm me and I can send some contacts your way.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
@IWMTom do you mind detailing the process and sending me a link to that file? I will of course set up a VM to try it. Do you have a bench setup or did you do this with the cluster in the car?

@bobloblawGTI I would appreciate you sending those contacts my way. I should have looked into going that route when I had the car in pieces for 3 months doing all my retrofits. But if I can find someone that can knock it out in a day or two I might have to bite it for overnight shipping both ways so I can minimize the time my car is undrivable.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
@IWMTom do you mind detailing the process and sending me a link to that file? I will of course set up a VM to try it. Do you have a bench setup or did you do this with the cluster in the car?

@bobloblawGTI I would appreciate you sending those contacts my way. I should have looked into going that route when I had the car in pieces for 3 months doing all my retrofits. But if I can find someone that can knock it out in a day or two I might have to bite it for overnight shipping both ways so I can minimize the time my car is undrivable.
Yeah I'll grab it and PM you.

Has to be done on the bench because you need to connect the CAN lines of the OBD2 port directly to the cluster (not via the Gateway).

If I wasn't already clear about this, there is a maximum speed. You can only increase by 4,000 miles a day (170mph).

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Gotcha, is it a correct assumption that doing this doesn't impact CP, immo or key pairing? If so I can pull it out and run up the miles for as I need to. Then I can drive with the dash temporarily installed if I need to.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Hey a-holes... I had a line on a cheap digital cluster!!!!! 😡

🤣

seriously, great info!

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Don't underestimate my laziness, this process doesn't seem very difficult but it requires buying more things I don't really need. We'll be in touch, haha.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Don't underestimate my laziness, this process doesn't seem very difficult but it requires buying more things I don't really need. We'll be in touch, haha.

a man after my own heart

luckyluuk

Car(s)
Golf 7 1.2TSI 2015
Gotcha, is it a correct assumption that doing this doesn't impact CP, immo or key pairing? If so I can pull it out and run up the miles for as I need to. Then I can drive with the dash temporarily installed if I need to.

Hi! I did the whole change last year (cockpit and new radio) with the programming done by @simaservis1108 who did a great job and was very patient with me :) Adjusting the milage back then was only possible to sent the cockpit... so I skipped that back then. Now that the annual check has to be done next month I need to increase the milage with around 50K km.... I would like to do it now. since it can be done from the bench! It would be awesome if you can help me out and also share the exe received from @IWMTom

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Hi! I did the whole change last year (cockpit and new radio) with the programming done by @simaservis1108 who did a great job and was very patient with me :) Adjusting the milage back then was only possible to sent the cockpit... so I skipped that back then. Now that the annual check has to be done next month I need to increase the milage with around 50K km.... I would like to do it now. since it can be done from the bench! It would be awesome if you can help me out and also share the exe received from @IWMTom
Grab it from https://mibsolution.one/#/1

Login with guest/guest