GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Question About Changing Fluids

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
I'm making a list of things to prep my car for another summer of track days, and I'm wondering what DCT fluid are people using? OEM is Pentosin FFL-2 but I see there's also FFL-3 and FFL-4 which are supposed to be new generations of the fluid? I understand they're not VAG approved. An alternative are the LiquiMoly and DCT fluids. LiquiMoly is a bit cheaper on FCP while Motul is even Porsche and Nissan GT-R R35 approved, so it's probably really good.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I'm making a list of things to prep my car for another summer of track days, and I'm wondering what DCT fluid are people using? OEM is Pentosin FFL-2 but I see there's also FFL-3 and FFL-4 which are supposed to be new generations of the fluid? I understand they're not VAG approved. An alternative are the LiquiMoly and DCT fluids. LiquiMoly is a bit cheaper on FCP while Motul is even Porsche and Nissan GT-R R35 approved, so it's probably really good.
Only use VW approved OEM fluid.

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
On previous cars and on this MK7.5, I've always changed the oil & oil filter before a Track Day and bled the brakes the day before the event with newly opened high temp fluid. For this MK7.5, I'm using TRW 600 brake fluid with much success. For engine oil I've used Pentosin 5w 40 for a couple track days now.

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
Only use VW approved OEM fluid.
Motul DCTF is approved according to the spec sheet so should be good then. Funny how Pentosin said Motul is crap...

SpaCeDust

Passed Driver's Ed
Manual transmission fluid change.... has anyone done it? reviews?

Bought Motul gear 300 since the car already has almost 60k miles and 3 track events under its belt (at least that i know of, bought it used)

reverend_sean

Go Kart Champion
Manual transmission fluid change.... has anyone done it? reviews?
I put Motul in at about 37k miles, I am at 65k miles right now and have done 12 track days on it. I have found it to be notchy in the winter until it warms up, but after 15-20 min of driving it feels smooth (many 'notchy when cold' reviews out there, plus people that know more about fluids than I do say a GL-4/GL-5 fluid is wrong for our transmissions). I am swapping it out before the first event this season and I think I am going to try Pennzoil Syncromesh or Redline MT-LV.
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/transmission-fluid-for-6mt.346670/

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG
How often do GTI owners change your VAQ differential oil? I usually do about 2 to 3 half track days, and 2 to 3 full track days each year. I do warm up laps and cool down laps, so in a 20 minute session, I may be flat out for only 3 laps total. Rest of the time I'm anywhere from 60% to 90%.

Also is it excessive to change my oil after every 2 or 3 full track day? Cus that's like 2,500km at most. I know @Crild and @Cliff posted their oil change interval, which got me thinking that changing it after 3 full track days might be way over the top? I have my oil change interval set to 8000km instead of the factory 15k km right now simply because I don't like the 15k km interval.

Deanjet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Dang, my friend changes his engine oil before and after each track session (3 or 4 a year). I change mine after every track day. I should dump my old oil into my wife's car ;)