GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Question about APR intake

ws7100

Car(s)
2016 Volkswagen GTI
Hi, I just got a Volkswagen gti and I was curious if anyone could answer my question, I am trying to go with a full APR build, and I was going to start off with an intake.
I see on the APR website there are a bunch of products under the intake section.
Including: APR Carbon Fiber Intake System, APR Carbon Fiber Turbo Inlet Pipe, APR Silicone Coolant Hose, and APR Secondary Air Injection Filter (SAI).
Do I need to get any of these other things with the carbon fiber intake system to make it work/ fit properly? Sorry if i sound a bit stupid lol, I am just new and trying to learn everything.

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
Let me add this before others do and get it out of the way... You're wasting your money, blah blah blah, just be cheap and modify the stock box yourself because this $700 option does not provide you with any benefits over the DIY mod.

NOW THEN...

You'll want the APR Carbon Fiber Intake System - CI100033 - $473.95 and APR Carbon Fiber Turbo Inlet Pipe - CI100033-B - $164.95

These two pieces replace the black plastic pieces seen in the picture below (SAI picture - box and plastic piping behind the gray pipe clamp). You can reuse the OEM plastic turbo inlet pipe if you want to and only purchase the intake system. The "Factory Coolant Hose" picture below shows just the intake system using the factory turbo inlet pipe.

You may also need the APR Secondary Air Injection Filter (SAI) - CI100020-A - $25.74. You can tell if your car has it by looking for it (see picture)

1596476498175.png

The APR Silicone Coolant Hose is optional and will route the coolant line under the intake instead of on top of the intake. This is just for looks. (exposed vs. hidden)

1596477003956.png

1596477020389.png

Last edited:

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
You may also want this APR Turbo Inlet Pipe as well. It replaces the plastic elbow piping that connects the above system to the turbo. Again, no proven benefit so if you don't like wasting money, don't buy it.

1596477541933.png

ws7100

Car(s)
2016 Volkswagen GTI
Let me add this before others do and get it out of the way... You're wasting your money, blah blah blah, just be cheap and modify the stock box yourself because this $700 option does not provide you with any benefits over the DIY mod.

NOW THEN...

You'll want the APR Carbon Fiber Intake System - CI100033 - $473.95 and APR Carbon Fiber Turbo Inlet Pipe - CI100033-B - $164.95

These two pieces replace the black plastic pieces seen in the picture below (SAI picture - box and plastic piping behind the gray pipe clamp). You can reuse the OEM plastic turbo inlet pipe if you want to and only purchase the intake system. The "Factory Coolant Hose" picture below shows just the intake system using the factory turbo inlet pipe.

You may also need the APR Secondary Air Injection Filter (SAI) - CI100020-A - $25.74. You can tell if your car has it by looking for it (see picture)

View attachment 181591

The APR Silicone Coolant Hose is optional and will route the coolant line under the intake instead of on top of the intake. This is just for looks. (exposed vs. hidden)

View attachment 181592

View attachment 181593
Ahhh okay I see what you mean, thank you so much for the help!

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
I'll just say, I got all that stuff, I don't hate it. At S2 you get some spooly noises, but I'm about to just go full frame. So if you wait a little bit, pretty much all my APR stuff will be for sale.

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Does every 2020 GTI have SAI? what determines whether a car gets it? My new '20 GTI has it, my 2015 R did not.

sergemcgraw83

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't get those "full APR build". What does having the same logo on every part changes?

nimonery

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
Does every 2020 GTI have SAI? what determines whether a car gets it? My new '20 GTI has it, my 2015 R did not.

I believe its an emissions thing. I know all GTI's sold in California need to have SAI. I'm assuming its the same in MA.