GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How Hoon solved the 2022 fuel crisis.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Which I didn't know I was on.

Hello guys, I am not new to the Mk7 platform or even VW at all. I've had a 2011 GTI, a 2015 GTI and now my 2018 Golf R. While both my GTIs were more focused on form over function I knew when I got my R that performance was to be my main goal with the car. Previously I have owned a 1995 Eclipse GSX which when I sold made 465awhp and ran in the 11's at 124+. I had enjoyed the show car, low and slow type life for long enough and I was itching to once again have a a car that was understated but could really surprise you when necessary. Enter the Blueberry. I will continue to update this list as necessary when I add new goodies. I absolutely love this car so far and I am excited to continue the build process for it.

Wastegate13's MK7.5 Golf R

Purchased 5/18/2019 from a good friend of mine Swfloridamk6.

Factory Specifications:

2018 Golf R
7 Speed DSG
Lapiz Blue Exterior
Titan Black Interior

Exterior:

Badgeskins Electric Blue R overlays, fender blade overlays

Interior:

OEM CarGo trunk system
OEM Mojo mats
Aliexpress DSG paddle extensions
Zheng Zhong leather/perforated steering wheel

Engine, Software & Transmission:

Forge carbon intake
CTS V2 TIP
eBay Majesty intercooler and couplers
CTS 3.5” catted downpipe
Cobb AP w/ EQT 93/e85 maps + EQT dsg map
RPM Motorsport UK anti drone resonator delete
EQT Vortex
EQT brushless lpfp
CTS 980cc MPI
Fuel it ethanol sensor
CTS TMD
5/4 bar map and put sensors
Power flex yellow dog bone insert

Wheels:

APR S01 wheels, 19x8.5 +45 in satin black
General GMAX RS 235/35 19 tires

Suspension:

OEM DCC

VAGCOM Tweaks:

Start/Stop disabled
Soundaktor Disabled
Heated seats memory
Door lock while engine running for the pupper

To Be Installed:

Future plans:

BFI stage 1 mount set
Upgraded charge pipes
H&R VTF spring set
Bilstein B6/8 shocks to retain DCC
OEM Euro market sequential tails

Removed:

OEM Englishtown with 235/35-19 Continental Sport Contact
ShopDap 10/15mm spacer kit
EQT Stage 2 93 octane file
TBB DBV2 that sent itself to heaven
Original engine that the turbo took with it
Sneekytuned maps
PR 450
Torqbyte PM4

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
You should be able to get there, provided your 450 pump is installed correctly and flows sufficient fuel.

FYI there’s a DBV2 TBB new never installed up for $1,900 I saw last night, that could be a nice savings/upgrade to help get you there

edit: scratch that, looks like you already bought a DBV2 Jb

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
You're on the right path. Why do you not have a tuner for the DBV2?

I was originally planning on having Ed at EQT do it because of his track record. There is also a lesser known tuner that’s semi local to me, Sneekytuned that I have spoken to about it. I know of one guy personally that is eurodyne tuned through him with good results and he is very knowledgeable. It’ll be a while before I can get everything installed and I’m really also waiting until I get the pm4 so I’m really doing it right

You should be able to get there, provided your 450 pump is installed correctly and flows sufficient fuel.

FYI there’s a DBV2 TBB new never installed up for $1,900 I saw last night, that could be a nice savings/upgrade to help get you there

edit: scratch that, looks like you already bought a DBV2 Jb

I bought the pump already installed in a basket from a member here, Therealvrt. I wasn’t planning on buying a turbo this soon but I picked it up for 1k from a semi local who bought it from Inigo on this board.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Guess I should update this thing. So I had most of the fuel stuff, pump and MPI along with a DBV2 V2 JB to install like a year ago. I have a friend with a shop but hes a single dad and I work off hours so scheduling time to get it all done was difficult. Talked to a local indie shop about it and never received a quote, maybe it was just too much of a pain for them. In addition we bought a house and were floating 2 mortgages for a bit and with the rona just starting up I decided it wasn't a good time. Sold the turbo to a member here, I hope he got it installed and its running well. Had a bunch of lowball offers on the fuel stuff but since I didn't need the money I just let it sit in my toolbox. Ended up scoring a PM4 from a member for a good deal since they're hard to find in stock and now I've come full circle and yesterday I bought a TBB V2 from a member for a steal. I've updated the original post to reflect a few changes I've made. I'm hoping to get around to installing at least the fuel system in the next few weeks since I now have a garage to work from. Will likely install the turbo at my friends shop as fiddling with the downpipe and a few of the turbo bolts may be more accessible from underneath.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
So are you going to stick with the AP and EQT, or still going with Sneeky?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Sneeky tunes with AP also...

I’m very happy with what’s he’s been doing for my hybrid... I’m still not on MPI yet, Running e60 with just a HPFP and tiny 305 lpfp and we aren’t done tuning and I’m at 29 psi to redline (7000)with 10-12 timing up top (stock map sensors) with still visible head room in the fuel and wastegate for more boost with a 4bar

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Corr Motorsports does a lot with sneekytuned, but that wasn't the route I wanted to go. They seem to really like it though.

We still need to meet up some day. I want to bust out the camera and get some pics of our cars together. I'll probably be skipping Eurotripper this year.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
I actually already paid for the dual fuel tune through Sneeky last year and obviously never installed the parts. I was prepared to eat the cost since his site clearly states that sales are final but we agreed that if I ever did decide to go ahead with it we could or he was going to give me a partial refund and do a custom tune for 93. I'm glad I waited now.
Sneeky tunes with AP also...

I’m very happy with what’s he’s been doing for my hybrid... I’m still not on MPI yet, Running e60 with just a HPFP and tiny 305 lpfp and we aren’t done tuning and I’m at 29 psi to redline (7000)with 10-12 timing up top (stock map sensors) with still visible head room in the fuel and wastegate for more boost with a 4bar

Corr Motorsports does a lot with sneekytuned, but that wasn't the route I wanted to go. They seem to really like it though.

We still need to meet up some day. I want to bust out the camera and get some pics of our cars together. I'll probably be skipping Eurotripper this year.
I've heard nothing but good things about him, especially from Corr. I finally got my leave approved so I can attend the show and BBQ.
I know. He had mentioned Eurodyne at one point.
I know a friend that's tuned by Sneeky on Eurodyne. I'll be sticking with the AP.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Updated the original post with the current parts list. I really need to post some photos of this thing and get the dragy on it.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Yeah pics or it didn't happen... You on full E, a blend, or still working on the pump gas map?

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Yeah pics or it didn't happen... You on full E, a blend, or still working on the pump gas map?
On 93 for now. Once we get this dialed in We can start on e85. Still need to figure out how I’m going to monitor ethanol content.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Use the kit that I am using which is the Fuel-It kit.

https://www.fuel-it.com/vw-audi-2-0l-tsi-flex-fuel-kits/
Should be here this week!!

My 93 tune is all but done and then we will move onto E85. Had a big tax bill this year but once the funds allow I'll be upgrading to a Trackslag 4" downpipe and the A2B 5 bar kit and see what this thing is really capable of. Was hoping to make it to the track last week but plans fell through and some personal stuff has come up but I'd like to go sometime soon. One day I'm going to do a photodump of everything I have on this car.