GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How Hoon solved the 2022 fuel crisis.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Really don’t wanna do this again. Also lesson learned to shut it down and have it towed no matter what if I ever have issues again. We’re pretty convinced the drive into town after the turbo let go is what cost the engine.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
I didn't know you did that. Yeah, not a great idea.
Yes I was 650 miles away from home and in the car for 9 hours at that point. Made the decision to risk limping in into town. Nothing to hide, paying my stupid tax now and the new motor should be in next week.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Where did you end up sourcing the motor from?

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
Really don’t wanna do this again. Also lesson learned to shut it down and have it towed no matter what if I ever have issues again. We’re pretty convinced the drive into town after the turbo let go is what cost the engine.
Surprised you were even able to drive it that far; back when my stock turbo blew I was only able to drive it for so long till the car just cut off, basically to the point that the car was not safe to drive.

Aww well, you got a new motor, new awesome turbo, life will get better.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Small update to the mod list in the original post. Oil change along with dsg and haldex service yesterday. 1300ish miles on the new setup and ready to start tuning again. It’s on revision 1 from sneeky and it already feels faster than the dbv2 ever did.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
https://datazap.me/u/wastegate13/log-1638907123?log=0&data=11-42

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Hopefully not, tick tock, tick tock..

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Hopefully not, tick tock, tick tock..

Maybe it’s in regards to shifting at 7400 🤷🏻‍♂️ Cause the rest of the log is fine.
Oops. It’s hard to tell exactly where you’re at that high in the revs with the digital dash. After 6700 it’s all red with no appreciable hash marks. I have the shift light set on the accessport but I prefer to watch the road.