GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Quebster's Neverending Story - 2015 GTI S 6MT - The Good, the Bad, the End... and the Resurrection!

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Couple of obligatory pics, finally snapped some shots in the day of the Mk7 in it's stockish form, lol. You may notice my front lip came off, again... this time I hit a surprisingly deep puddle of water too fast on an onramp to the highway. *facepalm*

Anyone want an '01 VR6 Mk4? It's super clean, but burns oil and smokes a bit after it's been running and is at idle. Haven't figured out why. I did a compression check and all 6 cylinders are right at 180. Gotta be valve seals or oil rings I guess? I replaced the PCV, no dice. It runs perfect, has emissions delete and I've replaced the crappy plastic coolant parts with aluminum. Has headers, billyboat catback and a Uni tune, along with some other good stuff.

IMG_2090.JPG

IMG_2088.JPG

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
New plate who dis!

23A4D31C-D1D6-47DA-B4C5-D4E9FDFAED4A.jpeg

GTI is still doing well. I have a small list of things building that I’m planning on doing:
  • Replace vacuum pump - I screwed up my pump during the stock motor install and it isn’t performing it’s best
  • Replace a couple of small coolant lines/connections
  • IS38 install (yes… I got another IS38 😂)
  • Purchase and install eBay intercooler
  • Rear sway bar eventually
  • That's it to complete my IS38 daily!
We also sold my wife’s old Tucson and upgraded to a beautiful Q7!

1A0DE7F2-0AA0-4EDB-8913-750FD1B5299D.jpeg

The fleet:

1E577942-E471-4AB8-A217-B5104AAD1DB1.jpeg

Keep on keeping on my dudes!

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
You came full circle... I guess you need to rename the thread “Quebsters IS38 Build” all over again 😂 Man those Texas plates are clean...Congrats on the Q7 also, those are sweet cars.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
You came full circle... I guess you need to rename the thread “Quebsters IS38 Build” all over again 😂 Man those Texas plates are clean...Congrats on the Q7 also, those are sweet cars.
Yep but I’m going cheap this time 😂 Got the IS38 used for very cheap and of course I still have Eurodyne so I’m not paying for any tunes. Just throw on a Majesty IC and I’ll be set!

And yeah man the Q7 is awesome, I had no idea how good they are. I wanted something for the wife that could do it all and this fits the bill. Plan to tow the racecar with it eventually

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
How's the ZLE working out for you? I sold mine in January.
ZLE is fantastic, I don't know that I could be happier. I have blown away all lap records in the GTI (to be expected) but I mean, blown away and am running some very quick laps around the local track. Crazy what you can do when you have consistency. I'm doing a light-competition time trial this year, and they stick you in the Unlimited class if you have less than a 200TW tire. Not wanting to get stuck with that VERY fast group, I transitioned from the stock 100TW tires to their 220TW tires (Goodyear Supercar 3's) to compete in the Coupe class, and it has been solid so far. Currently in 1st place overall with 2 wins and 1 2nd place podium, 1st being my buddy in another ZLE that decided to join me, the bastard :ROFLMAO: He beat me by .05 seconds on a 3.1 mile course!! I have 4 track days on the tires so far and they seem to be holding up well. If I can get 6 track days I will consider them a total success. Have another full day coming up on Sunday!

Last edited: