GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Quebster's Neverending Story - 2015 GTI S 6MT - The Good, the Bad, the End... and the Resurrection!

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Mk7 update! Stock motor (with <30k miles I might add) is in! Just need to bolt everything on

3F863F6B-1210-4BBB-974A-2D1B7B637243.jpeg

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Not the GTI but I got my first official "track" pics last weekend with the ZLE, hopefully the first of many, many to come. Did an AutoX last weekend and what a perfect way to get my feet wet with the car. The thing is incredible guys. Just incredible.

At the end of the month I have a track day on the course I'm familiar with, and that will be the true comparison to see what I can do with this vs. the GTI. I'm extremely excited!

F1757BF8-DBF8-431E-9B31-FCA92677E20B.jpeg

7A9F36D9-7196-4B7E-BF61-FD076E32CF94.jpeg

Last edited:

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Not the GTI but I got my first official "track" pics last weekend with the ZLE, hopefully the first of many, many to come. Did an AutoX last weekend and what a perfect way to get my feet wet with the car. The thing is incredible guys. Just incredible.

At the end of the month I have a track day on the course I'm familiar with, and that will be the true comparison to see what I can do with this vs. the GTI. I'm extremely excited!

View attachment 187741

View attachment 187742

I love the look of these ZL1 Camaro's! So much better than the Mustang. With it being a track monster, that will destroy, or at least it should, the time that you had with your GTI on the track.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion

View attachment 187741

View attachment 187742
How was it driving something not so front heavy and having to correct for oversteer?

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
How was it driving something not so front heavy and having to correct for oversteer?
It's actually pretty well balanced and the oversteer has been easy to control so far. They've really done an amazing job with the traction control on this car too.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
It's actually pretty well balanced and the oversteer has been easy to control so far. They've really done an amazing job with the traction control on this car too.
I know I think they achieved a 50/50 split on it right? That's why I was curious how it felt compared to the gti which is so front heavy. When I drove a c7 grand sport it was amazing. Id be too scared to run your car 10/10ths

M3bs1

Go Kart Champion
I put my ZLE on the scales this week. It's 3830 with 2/3 tank of fuel, no driver, 55/45% . 54/46% with driver. It still works the front tires pretty hard. Back ones too, for that matter...... I've averaged three track days per set.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Are you getting more than one track day on a set with the new ride?

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Are you getting more than one track day on a set with the new ride?
I haven't driven on a new set yet but I expect them to last me 3-5 track days. I got 8 tires cheap off of a friend to get me started. 6 lightly used and 2 brand new fronts. If I get tired of how fast they wear I'll switch to Michellin PS4S's which I plan to run anyway on a set of street wheels. I corded the fronts that came with the car after an AutoX and a track half-day a week after, but they already had 6000+ daily miles on them, which is a lot for those tires. So we'll see!

But man those OE tires are outstanding. Grip for daysssssssss. Just don't last long.

Fastest I ran our local track in the most common config in the GTI was a 1:29. I did 1:23's in the ZLE last weekend for my first time out there in the ZLE, lol. Want to get under 1:20

Full session if anyone cares, getting tires warm first lap or two:

Last edited: