GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Quebster's Neverending Story - 2015 GTI S 6MT - The Good, the Bad, the End... and the Resurrection!

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Nah. Only like $450 an event. Worth it.

Plus a minimum deductible 10-20% of the cars value and most have you pay a % beyond that.

If looked into it, definitely worth tracking something you can write off IMO

***to each their own, not trying to derail this thread***

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
There is nothing to derail on this thread at this point I don't think, lol. My insta-quote from OpenTrack, whom I've used before, is $369.60 with a 10% deductible, including tax. I don't think there is anything "extra" from the deductible. I'm thinking I'd probably do coverage at $65k, so $6.5k deductible if something FUBAR happens isn't terrible IMO. Or should I cover MSRP for another $10k? My home track I'll probably do track insurance the first time or two just to make sure I have a good feel of the car, but might not do track insurance after that, just because it's an extremely "safe" track. It's very hard to go off and hurt your car there.. It's all flat land/grass. So we'll just have to see. Tires are stupid-expensive, too... we'll see guys, we'll see... lol. It's not the end of the world if I end up hating the car, will just sell and get something else!

As a partout update, almost everything is sold.. it has gone very well. I just sold the BBK yesterday which was the last big thing. The motor is sold and I'm getting a stock one from him as well. At this point I'm just waiting on his block to be ready for us to swap and then I'll have it all back together.

I regret to inform everyone (*cough* Navi) that the Clubsport bumper is, most likely, staying on the GTI. I don't have my OEM bumper to swap back on or this wouldn't be the case... I don't think I can justify the money to get a new bumper, paint it, and get the CS bumper shipped. With it all said and done I don't think I'd make much off of it, likely not enough to offset the headache of dealing with it. At least I ended up with lowering springs and spacers so the car doesn't look totally stock minus the bumper. lol

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Will my luck continue with the Camaro? We could've had it picked up for transport today or tomorrow morning, but the guy decided he was going to go clean it up this morning and the passenger window magically shattered. Pretty cool huh! Said something loud hit it. F'kin a I'm a little pissed. Maybe I should have him send me a fresh odometer reading.

IMG_1278.JPG

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
For the record I don't really think he did anything crazy, he seems like a real good dude. I'm just being a bit cynical. It's just one of those "just my luck" kind of things. But at the same time it's about to travel cross-country on a trailer, it doesn't need a wash right now! lol c'mon!

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
Sorry about that man. Make sure you have the entire car's tint stripped and re-done by Chevy themselves at his cost before it ships. Had safelight address a broken front windshield once, great, came to me and were done in 1 hour. Then had a leaking issue a year later. Dealer refused to fix it (still under dealer warranty so I thought they would) because SL touched it. I ended up having SL back out and paid nearly 100% of the original price to have them redo it.

Onto the tint. It's very rare that tint replaced on a damaged window matches the rest. Similar to PPF, age and UV degradation imposes subtle visual cues that betray a patch job even if the same film is used later. On a 10k car, if you can only tell at a certain angle... No f's IMO. On a 60k car though, totally different story. Honestly I'd back out if it were me simply because this same person also modified the car. You will feel much better inside backing out and simply wondering if it would have been ok then to get that vehicle delivered and feel plagued by thoughts of what if the previous owner did (or did not do) X, Y or Z.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
F'kin pessimist over here! 😜 Nah, I trust the guy, have been talking with him extensively and had a good buddy that I trust go talk to him and check out the car himself, along with a test drive. It also wasn't tinted at the dealership. Tint was applied Jan 27th and car has lived in a garage most of it's life. I'll see what the tint peeps have to say. Def not backing out though, lol.

We got everything figured out. Window is getting replaced in the morning and it's getting loaded on a trailer to come to it's new home right after. I'll have it by mid next week.

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
F'kin pessimist over here! 😜 Nah, I trust the guy, have been talking with him extensively and had a good buddy that I trust go talk to him and check out the car himself, along with a test drive. It also wasn't tinted at the dealership. Tint was applied Jan 27th and car has lived in a garage most of it's life. I'll see what the tint peeps have to say. Def not backing out though, lol.

We got everything figured out. Window is getting replaced in the morning and it's getting loaded on a trailer to come to it's new home right after. I'll have it by mid next week.
Good deal man, absolutely sick car and affirmative, I am somewhat of a pessimist by default hah.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Just one of those days I guess as one of my hot water heaters has started leaking as well! Alright I'm done griping about my day, sorry dudes.