GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Quebster's Neverending Story - 2015 GTI S 6MT - The Good, the Bad, the End... and the Resurrection!

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
lol, you don't have to defend DBV turbos every time just because you have one. They've been blowing. I've seen it in facebook groups and other whatsapp groups as welll.

Why not? People with other turbo brands do. I'd rather have true info being spread throughout the internet for all brands than false info.

Navi

Autocross Champion
No, not at all. I'm sure around this time next year it will be TPC on the crucifying list, just like EQT last year and DBV2 this year.

They're already on the list. Like clockwork.

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
Anyone seen a is38+ plus blow yet from HPA?

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
All of these turbos are destined to blow. My eqt blew in 2 weeks and my dbv2 is still functioning. If you have the money than go full frame, it's as easy as that.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Should just gone IMS. Well, I should've just stayed IS38. Car was perfect. It's all good guys I learned a ton of valuable lessons on this build, and met a TON of awesome people thanks to this car. But will be nice to have some good ol' American muscle with lots and lots of local performance shop support, unlike the VW. Though I don't intend to touch it for a while

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Yeah, I'm pretty much settled on it at this point. Those things do 7:16 officially (less unofficially) around the 'Ring from the factory, very impressive, especially for the price. If it breaks on track, it's covered under standard warranty. And if you really want to, all you need is a pulley, tune, and E85 for 750whp. lol, things are wild. I considered a TTRS or Supra a good bit, but I'm trying to stay away from cars that I'll want to tune to get decent power out of. And I'm not a BMW fan, mainly aesthetics. ZL1 1LE seems like a perfect recipe to me... only downside to me is the meh interior, lol. Also considered C7 Z06 but they are prone to overheating, even though they're better with the '17 and later models... We've seen them still overheat at the track here in the Texas heat.... so that's a hard pass.

I'm open to suggestions but my criteria is I'm trying to stay away from modding/tuning to get the power I want on the streets, and good agility/power around a road course. I'm used to a 500whp hot hatch so I do want that power. That's why the ZL1 1LE seems perfect to me.