GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Push-button start. Thieves reprogram BMW FOB in 3 minutes

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion

nik

Go Kart Champion
If thieves want it, they'll take it. My friends RX was stolen a few years ago. The thieves were ballsy enough to break into their house while they were sleeping steal the keys from the main floor and drive off. My key's are beside where my 90 lb German Shepherd sleeps :D.

cwGTIautobahn

Ready to race!
people should take their crap out of the garage and use it for cars...what a concept.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
P

plac

its a good feeling closing your eyes each night knowing your car is safely locked in your garage and you don't have to worry about it.

this is not the only method of stealing a modern car. My father and I have recorded the unlock signals for our cars before with his signal analyzer, then you replay back through transmitter and viola, car opens/starts.

Granted my father was an RF technician his whole life, and having a signal analyzer($100k) lying around is rare.

CFG9000

Ready to race!
Avoiding systems like KESSY because of stories like this is like sticking to snail mail because you've read about password hacking. What a completely moronic viewpoint :rolleyes:

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2012 GTI, Sun/Nav
Granted my father was an RF technician his whole life, and having a signal analyzer($100k) lying around is rare.

lolwut?

Must be one nice ass spectrum analyzer for 100 large. Not saying you're wrong, though...they're pricey. Average $10-50k retail....

That may be their prices NOW, but not when he was collecting gear, this unit was over 100k.

Easy way to prevent theft is to pull the fuel pump relay (or similar crucial fuse/relay). It takes all of 15 seconds and most crooks are too dumb to figure it out. Of course, this won't prevent a crook from just towing the car away, but at least it all but eliminates them from starting the vehicle and driving off with it.

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion