GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Push-button start. Thieves reprogram BMW FOB in 3 minutes

DougDome

Go Kart Champion
Doubtful that thieves who have these skill-sets are targeting VW's. I wouldn't worry.

Yeah, I don't think anything would have stopped those thieves. If they were that intent on stealing that 1 series M I don't think that the presence of "the club" would have done much to stop them.

Locks keep honest people honest. Not buying the Autobahn system because of KESSY sounds like a bad excuse for not wanting to spend the extra $$.

It's probably just as easy to "hotwire" a car and requires less computer gear to carry around than hijacking a KESSY system.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
You never know. The majority of the time theives steal vehicles that are your everyday daily drivers. It's harder to spot a stolen tan 2010 Honda Accord then it is 2012 M3 or Ferrari F430 etc.. Matter of fact, I believe the no# 1 stolen vehicle in the USA is the Honda Accord.

Yes, Accords and Camrys have topped the charts for thefts for decades now. They're they most stolen cars because they are easy to steal and are plentiful.

VW's with KESSY are less plentiful and due to to the technology, while possible, not as easy to steal. Those described in the OP are not your average kids looking to joy ride and those thefts make up the majority of thefts.

Bottom line, unless those tools that can crack codes become common and fall into the hands of kids, I wouldn't worry.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
fuck this noise... that's why I leave a midget with a gun in my car at all times.

SRT2GTI

Banned
fuck this noise... that's why I leave a midget with a gun in my car at all times.

Back away from da vehicle mothafucka!

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
Could always retro this to have this on the seat when ever you leave your car. Just make sure you remember it before you sit back in your car.... :laugh:

Realistically, I know the club and that won't do much for most thieves that are determined to steal a vehicle. Easiest thing is to make sure (like many have said) to make it so your car is a least likely target (don't leave your iPod/GPS chilling on the dash and valuables in sight in the vehicle while you are away).

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Doubtful that thieves who have these skill-sets are targeting VW's. I wouldn't worry.

I'm sorry. I don't understand this statement. Of course thieves would steal a VW, especially a GTI. We all know it is the best car in the world at everything. We are lucky ours haven't been stolen. Yet. :D

I agree with everyone else. They want to steal it, they will regardless of keyless or not.

SRT2GTI

Banned
I believe something like this would be the most effective anti-theft deterrent.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

Heartagram131

Go Kart Champion
We should get blksunshine to make us some anti theft stickers.

"This vehicle is GPS tracked"

"Monitored by GPS"

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
We should get blksunshine to make us some anti theft stickers.

"This vehicle is GPS tracked"

"Monitored by GPS"

Even better, VW would web enable cars so they can be bricked like a stolen iPhone.

DawnsKayBug1

Go Kart Champion
The easiest way to steal ANY car in the middle of the day on a busy street and nobody will say anything?????? A tow truck