GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pure White GTI 6Spd

Facelift GTI

Hey what's going on there guys. Stoked to join the forums. Long time VW owner, first time forum poster. Quick background on me. The bug started back in 2014 with a 2012 CPO CC Sport, loved the car but wanted something more sporty. 2016 rolled around and VW proposed a great offer for the CC on a trade in and upgrade. Decided to go with a brand new Tornado Red facelift Jetta GLI DSG. Did a couple of mods to it and enjoyed it for 3 years. Decided to pull the trigger on a GTI which was the vehicle I've always wanted from the get go. So, here we are, went into VW about a month ago to test drive the new GLI along with the new GTI. Fell in love with how the GTI drives, tight turning radius, short wheelbase along with enough power under the hood to make it a fun car. Ended up trading the GLI that day for a GTI!

Vehicle
Year/Make/Model: 2019 VW GTI S (Non PP)
Engine: MQB 2.0T EA888 Gen 3
Transmission: 6 Speed Manual
Color: Pure White
Interior: Clark Plaid
Mileage: 623 (11.28.19)

Engine
JB1 Burger Tuning Stage 1 Plug n Play
Intake box snow grate removal.
K&N Drop in Filter
Accelerator Mod Via Carista

Exterior
15% High Performance tint all around.
Lamin-X YellowFoglights

Interior
Carista All windows down long press remote.
Gauge Sweep on startup.
DRL activate with E-Brake up.

Wheels/Suspension
ECS Flush Kit 10mm Front/15mm Rear w/ Extended Lug Bolts

Near Future Mods
Boomba Delrin Shift Knob

Distant Future Mods
VWR Springs

Attachments

• GTI1.JPG
    GTI1.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 193
  • GTI2.jpg
    GTI2.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 210
  • GTI3.JPG
    GTI3.JPG
    674.7 KB · Views: 162
  • GTI4.JPG
    GTI4.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 152
  • GTI5.jpg
    GTI5.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 146
Last edited:

Facelift GTI

Thankful for these two machines. Beauty and the Beast! Wife owns the Tornado Red. Happy Thanksgiving guys

Attachments

• GTI6.jpg
    GTI6.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 160

Facelift GTI

Little Update: Was finally able to get some wash/wax time. Also installed Lamin-X yellow fog light film. Really feeling the yellow fogs. I'll try to get some good night shots when the sun goes down.

Attachments

• GTI7.jpg
    GTI7.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 187
  • GTI8.jpg
    GTI8.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 167

It's Sam

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
X3 M40i
Just found the thread, congrats on the new car!

Little Update: Was finally able to get some wash/wax time. Also installed Lamin-X yellow fog light film. Really feeling the yellow fogs. I'll try to get some good night shots when the sun goes down.

Honestly, I usually dislike yellow fogs on these cars, but I've yet to see a white MK7.5 with them on. I really like the way yours looks.
Would you be able to post some night pictures with the fogs on? Curious to see the color they emit through the tints.

Last edited:

Facelift GTI

Just found the thread, congrats on the new car!

Honestly, I usually dislike yellow fogs on these cras, but I've yet to see a white MK7.5 with them on. I really like the way yours looks.
Would you be able to post some night pictures with the fogs on? Curious to see the color they emit through the tints.

Same here, never been a big fan on white but I really love how they look. Yeah I will get some shots tonight when the sun goes down.

GFGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Ah a fellow mk7.5 S owner, nice car!

I'm also interested in seeing the fogs at night with the yellow. Also how is your clutch holding up with the JB1?

Justgotohm

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE SP 6sp M
Looks great in white, my choice was blue or white.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Love that 7.5 bumper, such a clean look. Congrats nice to see you sparing no time to get modding!

Facelift GTI

Ah a fellow mk7.5 S owner, nice car!

I'm also interested in seeing the fogs at night with the yellow. Also how is your clutch holding up with the JB1?

Thank you! Clutch is holding up very well, haven't had any slipping issues. Currently 1200 miles on it, took a roadtrip to Tampa and back. Got on it a couple times with no issues at all.

Facelift GTI

Here's two night shots...Slight slight hint of green due to the LEDs emitting a natural hint of blue. Takes some getting used to, and honestly as they warm up, I feel like they get more yellow lol.

Attachments

• GTI9.jpg
    GTI9.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 132
  • GTI10.jpg
    GTI10.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 138

Facelift GTI

The greenish hue isn't so noticeable. I think the better part is that it really changes the look of the car with the lights on.

I like them a lot (y)

Thanks, same here its not bad at all. I expected more of a greenish tint to it. Definitely a solid mod for $14 Lol.

Facelift GTI

Been a while guys. Quarantine life with no car parts aren’t fun. What I have managed to do are some minor mods. Just completed the air box mod. Removed the snow grate at the bottom of the air box along with a K&N drop in filter upgrade. Can definitely tell a difference in the car right off the bat. The car breathes better now and the throttle feels more responsive without the grate down there, it’s also slightly louder than before. Always nice to hear the wooshies running through the gears. I may hook up Carista to it later and switch the throttle response to direct instead of gradual, been doing some research and it seems to free up first and second gear revs. Once I get a dremel tool I’d like to open up the air duct on the drivers side to allow more outside air in and maybe a silicone ECS turbo inlet pipe. Hope all is well with you all during these trying times. I’ll drop a couple pics of her cleaned just for funsies.

Attachments

• 324CB65C-FF1D-443B-A997-B34B0FEEB965.jpeg
    324CB65C-FF1D-443B-A997-B34B0FEEB965.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 138
  • 704AD2F6-AB89-4834-ABFC-3BCE716ED0B2.jpeg
    704AD2F6-AB89-4834-ABFC-3BCE716ED0B2.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 130