GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Punks not dead

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2014 GTI
True story the singer from rise against went to my high school and was friends with my sister back in the day when he was in an awesome band called the killing tree.
The Romance of Helen Trent. "$8 haircut, fuck you!"

The drummer grew up near me, in Evergreen Colorado, I saw him at the skatepark a couple of times before I knew who he was.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
The Romance of Helen Trent. "$8 haircut, fuck you!"

The drummer grew up near me, in Evergreen Colorado, I saw him at the skatepark a couple of times before I knew who he was.
The romance of helen trent is such a great album, bury me at make out Creek too! Ahhh this is taking me back to fond memories.

And yeah I was at the fireside weekly back in the day

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
IMG8725848699985339991.jpg

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Awesome thread.

Love Pennywise and NOFX, also shout out to Strung Out, their album Twisted by Design is one of the most amazing albums ever.

The Offsprings first commercially successful album is also stellar.

"...Open the glove box, reach inside...gonna wreck this fucker's ride cause I got a bad headache..."

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
The Offsprings first commercially successful album is also stellar.

I forget about them, but I use to listen to them a shit ton. It's been a while too. Splinter and Conspiracy of One were 2 I had on repeat for a while, probably a lot more splinter than conspiracy.

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
Throwback to the times when we could sweat all over each other and look after each other in the pit. This was December 20 2019 at Anti-Flag at Reggie's in Chicago. I'm on the far left.
Screenshot_20200331-181040_Gallery.jpg

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
I'm 36, I still listen to mostly punk rock. Is anyone in the same boat?

The Suicide Machines just released Revolution Spring, their first album in 12 years and it's so good to hear a band from my youth staying true to the cause.

Please tell me I'm not alone.
Cool! I enjoy punk rock especially driving in the GTI. Including many bands already mentioned in this thread I’ll add the Descendants, Face to Face, Social D, No Use for a Name, NOFX, Bouncing Souls, and MxPx which have been on my playlist for a very long time. ?

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
Cool! I enjoy punk rock especially driving in the GTI. Including many bands already mentioned in this thread I’ll add the Descendants, Face to Face, Social D, No Use for a Name, NOFX, Bouncing Souls, and MxPx which have been on my playlist for a very long time. ?
Sing it with me...."Lean on Sheena"

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2014 GTI
The Bouncing Souls are cool, and I was an MxPx back when they were a Christian band. I always found NOFX a bit too...silly. I never liked them. Didn't Face to Face to an EP with someone? Rise Against, or Strike Anywhere?

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
nice thread! surprised to see so many old punks in here. I saw Suicide Machines play in december at the mighty mighty bosstones hometown throwdown, loved them in high school, but for some reason I wasn't feeling them in 2019...weird how some bands stick with you and some don't. I'll take Pennywise and AFI all day though!

same for hardcore, shout out to the 100 demons nod - Connecticut's finest.

oh and speaking of Bosstones, somewhat little known fact, but "Lean on Sheena" is a cover by the band Avoid One Thing - fronted by Joe Gittleman, bass player for the bosstones. And as much as I love Bouncing Souls, the original is way better.

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2014 GTI
oh and speaking of Bosstones, somewhat little known fact, but "Lean on Sheena" is a cover by the band Avoid One Thing - fronted by Joe Gittleman, bass player for the bosstones. And as much as I love Bouncing Souls, the original is way better.
That's a fun fact. I'll check out the OG version.

I'm also surprised to see so many punk fans here. I don't frequent this forum, after seeing most of the cosmetic mods on this forum I didn't think there were that many people here with good taste. I was wrong.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
More of a metal guy but I can do punk. Offspring and Sublime (if they are punk).

Whenever I hear punk it takes me back to Tony Hawk Pro Skater ?

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2014 GTI
More of a metal guy but I can do punk. Offspring and Sublime (if they are punk).

It's tough to define what is "punk". In my opinion, punk is an attitude, not a style. But it doesn't matter, listen to what you like, and never be ashamed of the music you enjoy.

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
That's a fun fact. I'll check out the OG version.

I'm also surprised to see so many punk fans here. I don't frequent this forum, after seeing most of the cosmetic mods on this forum I didn't think there were that many people here with good taste. I was wrong.
To be honest, I was just as surprised. Especially Jay shouting out my favorite venue in high school. Simpler times!

To me, punk is music that makes you think differently. In my opinion, Bob Dylan is an OG punk. Storytelling with a message.

Offspring always puts me in a good mood. Wtf does ooben glaben gleeben globen even mean?! Doesn't matter because anyone who hears that instantly smiles!

It's tough to define what is "punk". In my opinion, punk is an attitude, not a style. But it doesn't matter, listen to what you like, and never be ashamed of the music you enjoy.

Couldn't have said it better. Different genres have a punk vibe, Sweatpants by Childish Gambino for example. Hip Pop on the outside, but the attitude, that guy is on fire.