GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PSA - VW Partner Program

cb1111

Maybe old news, but I just found out that the Sports Car club of America (SCCA) and USA Cycling are no longer part of the VW Partner Program, so no more $500 discount.

The relationship ended in March.

For those not familiar with the program, the discount gives you $500 off either:

The invoice price, or
The best negotiated price

If doing invoice price, then you'll also get any other factory incentives (factory to dealer cash for example)

The partner program applies to about 700 or so companies that have some sort of a relationship with VW and if you work for one of those companies then you can get that discount.

Military/first responder and grad discounts will stack.

wantone

Ready to race!
I've been out of the VW loop since I sold my 2017 GTI S to get a great deal on a 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0 manual. HUGE mistake btw. Sold the Accord due to Covid. Now looking to get back to a GTI.

I remember getting the VW Partner Program through USA Cycling. So that's not an option now. I'm self employed so no help there. Any other options to get a certificate?

Did Covid change the end of 2021 production and/or start of 2022? Normally the best deals would be starting now for the GTI. I purchased mine in March 2018 when dealer cash was $3500-$4000 I believe. Those crazy 2017 deals haha!

Is Shane-Anigans still around? He used to post the VW to dealer cash but I see his last post was April. He was always very helpful.

Thanks in advance for any certificate info.

cb1111

I've been out of the VW loop since I sold my 2017 GTI S to get a great deal on a 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0 manual. HUGE mistake btw. Sold the Accord due to Covid. Now looking to get back to a GTI.

I remember getting the VW Partner Program through USA Cycling. So that's not an option now. I'm self employed so no help there. Any other options to get a certificate?

Did Covid change the end of 2021 production and/or start of 2022? Normally the best deals would be starting now for the GTI. I purchased mine in March 2018 when dealer cash was $3500-$4000 I believe. Those crazy 2017 deals haha!

Is Shane-Anigans still around? He used to post the VW to dealer cash but I see his last post was April. He was always very helpful.

Not really. It turns out that my company distributes goods for one of the VW partners. Here is the list of Partners. AFAIK, VW is actually verifying the information recently. At least that is what my dealer told me when I did mine.

Oh, and the partner rebate stacks with the military discount, but most dealers don't know that.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

Off topic, but what was so bad about the Accord 2.0T manual?
It looks good on paper, but clearly no GTI still

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
The partner list is massive - lots of big companies on it that you wouldn't think would have a direct connection and be on the list. My wife's employer, Wells Fargo Bank, is on the list but neither of us realized it when she bought her last VW.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Scca if you autocross. If not, just join for $70 and save $500.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I guess you didn't read the first post. The SCCA is no longer part of the partner program.

My bad. Just followed the link of eligible partners and it was on there. Missed that it wasn't part of it anymore.

wantone

Ready to race!
Off topic, but what was so bad about the Accord 2.0T manual?
It looks good on paper, but clearly no GTI still
Sorry, I should have been more specific. There's definitely nothing wrong with the Accord Sport 2.0. But simply the GTI in my opinion is just so much more fun to drive. I was thrilled with my 2017 GTI DSG minus it being an S model. I wanted to upgrade to SE with DCC so I could have more comfort on long trips. When out of the blue last day of the month the GM of a Honda dealer emails me and accepted my insane lowball offer from a few months before. They were crazy desperate to make their numbers that month. I hopped on the metro to an Uber and there I was with a new Honda Accord.

The Accord is a really good car for trips. Pre-Covid I would drive 30k miles a year for work. Usually 1000 mile trips (500 per day) in a triangle from the East Coast to the Midwest and then down South and back East. On the flat highways the Accord was awesome. Great MPG's, nice passing power. Comfortable. But in those West Virginia and PA mountains, the GTI was just more enjoyable. And any serious road curves as well. If I were a family man, I'd give anything to have the Accord. With the manual. But I'm not. Right when I left the Honda dealer and hit my first onramp, I knew I made a mistake. But I stuck it out for 20k miles until Carvana went crazy and I sold it to them for just a few thousand less than I purchased after 20 months. It ended up working out just right for me.

So here I am probably needing a new car soon and the GTI tops the list. And since it was the only "auto" car I've ever owned in my life, I'd probably get the DSG again just for the heck of it. So we shall see. I was spoiled by those 2017 prices. But 2019's were pretty cheap as well if I remember. Just have to wait the dealers out. I know loaded question, but is it worth it to even wait for the Mk8? No early deals on those I'm sure!

I'll check out the partner companies. Like I mentioned, I'm self employed so that doesn't help. Thank you for all the info!

Oh, the Honda purchase experience sucked. The sales person kept blasting me with giving her all 10's on their survey. Like 50 times over 2 hours. She just wouldn't stop. Then she'd quiz me in a joking way........."So what are you going to give me on the survey"???? And I knew I was just a number, helping them hit their monthly numbers. But the VW dealer experience was simply way better. In the finance department as well. Though I told both to shove it. I was very surprised about Honda. I doubt I'll ever buy a Honda again just because I don't like what else they offer. But if I did and that damn survey was mentioned more than twice, I'd walk out.

cb1111

Scca if you autocross. If not, just join for $70 and save $500.
My bad. Just followed the link of eligible partners and it was on there. Missed that it wasn't part of it anymore.
Yeah, but if you enter that code you'll get an error message. That's the problem with that list as the partners change frequently but the list isn't updated. If you think that your company connection applies, then plug the number in and see what happens.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Yeah, but if you enter that code you'll get an error message. That's the problem with that list as the partners change frequently but the list isn't updated. If you think that your company connection applies, then plug the number in and see what happens.

Self employed so none of those will work, but not planning on a new car anytime soon anyway