GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PSA: TPC20 - not recommended

Navi

Autocross Champion
Grabs popcorn, sits next to slow OEM is38 car.

So what’s next? EQT? PAG Parts?

I wouldn't mind just staying is38.. ran tuned is38 for 30k miles. It's more than enough for these cars unless you are trying to race @Hoon

Navi

Autocross Champion
Hybrid turbo fails, can you believe it? More on this breaking story at 11.

Up next: Why you shouldn't install poorly reconstructed OEM parts in your performance car.
Followed by: Paying to play, how true is this concept?

very true.

Navi

Autocross Champion
yeah I was actually thinking of picking up one with the FCP warranty... if I can get another 30k out of an is38, that would be cool. I still have my old one but it's been sitting for awhile. Not sure if it's still ok to use. I didn't wrap it up like I should have lol. I mean I could have it rebuilt but they seem to last longer when they are original, untouched. I would def turn down the boost though. Probably run it at 26psi instead of 28, and have a separate e30 tune for more power.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
That sucks man. The part that bothers me the most is there are people who either have a direct line to TPC or work for TPC and still claim they’ve only had two failures so far.

Props to you for sticking with it at first and trying to work it out before coming on here and burning the guy down, which is probably what most of us would have done if we were in your position.

I vote EQT standard housing.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Regarding TPC's claim that something went through the turbo.

If you look at the exhaust turbine video, you see two blades broken which aren't even next to each other. How is it even possible that something like that could happen with one small object going through the turbo!?

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Where's the dudes defending this crap? Nice writeup!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Regarding TPC's claim that something went through the turbo.

If you look at the exhaust turbine video, you see two blades broken which aren't even next to each other. How is it even possible that something like that could happen with one small object going through the turbo!?

Something went through the turbo, broke a blade, decided it wasn't done, did a 180* turn in the downpipe, and went back for seconds!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Having a team meeting 😂

@Navi is about to get a message saying they'll upgrade him to the TPC38BB for free if he deletes this thread and makes a follow up blaming the tune 😂