GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PSA: Neuspeed Wheels have a reduced cost road hazard replacement program

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Unfortunately my wife creamed a curb in my car last week coming back home after we had our 3 year old in the ER all night long with a 105º fever unable to keep anything down. Those things are tip of the iceberg in the hell that was our week. I wasn't angry at all, shit happens (and had been that week), but I was very sad to see the damage.

I had just gotten new tires the previous week and my RSe12 Neuspeed wheels have been really great for the last 3 years. I reached out to Neuspeed to ensure their current Gunmetal offering was still the same color as I had because the color name seemed to change from when I ordered 3 years ago. Chatting with Anthony at Neuspeed was awesome and he informed me that the color hadn't changed (just the name) and that they offer a Road Hazard Replacement program for all of their wheels at 30% off retail cost + shipping.

This isn't something I've read about their wheels in the past on their site, forums, or Reddit, so I wanted to put it out there because I thought it's a pretty awesome perk to know that if you wreck a wheel you don't have to pay full cost for a replacement if you can't get it fixed dependably. I just shot them an email with a pic of the damage and told them my shipping address. They sent me a payment invoice I could click on via email and it was done. Had it the next day because they are in CA and so am I.

Additionally, America's Tire is also awesome and ordered me a replacement tire at no cost under their 30 day road hazard guarantee.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Just make sure you test fit before you powdercoat them if that's something you need to do lol

I had a wheel and tire randomly explode and got a replacement from neuspeed. Somehow I got a 18"x8" with a 66.1mm hub, a spec they don't even make, and didn't notice until after I had them powder coated. They did send me a metal and a plastic hub ring after I called them about this though. There wasn't much more they could do and I didn't really expect more. Can't imagine they only had 1 wheel in that spec though, gotta be at least 3 more floating around.

It's a nice discount but shipping was crazy for me. They took $100 off but then charged $60 to ship it.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Chatting with Anthony at Neuspeed was awesome and he informed me that the color hadn't changed (just the name) and that they offer a Road Hazard Replacement program for all of their wheels at 30% off retail cost + shipping.

This isn't something I've read about their wheels in the past on their site, forums, or Reddit, so I wanted to put it out there because I thought it's a pretty awesome perk to know that if you wreck a wheel you don't have to pay full cost for a replacement if you can't get it fixed dependably. I just shot them an email with a pic of the damage and told them my shipping address. They sent me a payment invoice I could click on via email and it was done. Had it the next day because they are in CA and so am I.

Additionally, America's Tire is also awesome and ordered me a replacement tire at no cost under their 30 day road hazard guarantee.

Now that is 100% old school customer SERVICE.....& having run my own business (in the past) I really take my hat off to companies who preach those old values & not modern marketing...?

Oscar LaVista

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE 6MT
Excellent, thanks for posting! I recently scuffed one of my Neuspeeds, and this will bring replacement cost down to a little less than refinish cost!
This ought to be a sticky!

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Chatting with Anthony at Neuspeed was awesome and he informed me that the color hadn't changed (just the name) and that they offer a Road Hazard Replacement program for all of their wheels at 30% off retail cost + shipping.

Was shipping free to the lower 48? Thanks for this info!

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Nice info and hope your kid is better!
Thanks. We are all doing much better now. We all had viral and bacterial stuff going on. Had a bout of it at Christmas and all three of us fought it off before it was too bad, but then it came back with a vengeance and got all three of us to 102-103º+ fevers within 10 days of each other.

I can count on 1 hand the number of times I've had a fever in the last 25 or so years of my adult life.

Oscar LaVista

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE 6MT
As it turns out, my RSE16 are being discontinued (which is a whole other can of worms, and the reason I usually don't buy aftermarket wheels :( ), so they're on sale. And normal wheel purchases include free shipping, while the road hazard discount does not, so the wheel will be cheaper if I just buy it without the road hazard deal.

And I guess I'll buy two. :cry:

VL3X

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Was shipping free to the lower 48? Thanks for this info!

I found out about their discount the hard way too. I went off the curbing pretty hard last season and bent a RSE10. They sent me a replacement at a discounted rate.. but after shipping, it really wasn't much of a deal compared to what I paid from BMP when I bought the entire set new the previous year. I did expect "flow formed" wheels to hold up a little better though. Gotta pay to play I guess. Still less expensive than going with fully forged wheels.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I found out about their discount the hard way too. I went off the curbing pretty hard last season and bent a RSE10. They sent me a replacement at a discounted rate.. but after shipping, it really wasn't much of a deal compared to what I paid from BMP when I bought the entire set new the previous year. I did expect "flow formed" wheels to hold up a little better though. Gotta pay to play I guess. Still less expensive than going with fully forged wheels.

Kinda had the same thing happen here. My RSe52s were closer to $250 a wheel when I originally ordered them, and they came with free shipping. A few years later I needed a new one and now they're $300 a wheel (minus $100 for the discount) with $60 shipping.

TrueParadox

Car(s)
2018 GTI
Unfortunately my wife creamed a curb in my car last week coming back home after we had our 3 year old in the ER all night long with a 105º fever unable to keep anything down. Those things are tip of the iceberg in the hell that was our week. I wasn't angry at all, shit happens (and had been that week), but I was very sad to see the damage.

I had just gotten new tires the previous week and my RSe12 Neuspeed wheels have been really great for the last 3 years. I reached out to Neuspeed to ensure their current Gunmetal offering was still the same color as I had because the color name seemed to change from when I ordered 3 years ago. Chatting with Anthony at Neuspeed was awesome and he informed me that the color hadn't changed (just the name) and that they offer a Road Hazard Replacement program for all of their wheels at 30% off retail cost + shipping.

I know this is a little old, but I was just curious - did Neuspeed made you ship back the damaged wheel? Paying for shipping the damaged one back and also on the replacement would be expensive and therefore the 30% discount wouldn't make much of a difference. If not, that would be great customer service!