GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PSA: Check your suspension for shipping pucks

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
I had the wheels off today to clean them and decided to check under one of the boots to see if any pucks left because of reading this. None was there but I couldn’t get the boot to stay back down when trying to to put it back. Anyone else run into that? I just left it so I wouldn’t break it or something, will just have the dealer fix it when I get the oil changed in two weeks

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
I think the boot pretty much automatically goes back down in place when you lower the car back down. It seems to be in place now that I lowered the car. Anyone else notice that?

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
Still issues with this. Just bought a 2021 autobahn. Noticed front was a bit high and on the first canyon drive noticed front lot stiffer than rear causing it to push in moderate turns that should have been within reason. This morning jacked it up and what did I find. Three pretty pink pucks. Rides and handles much better now.

FSTSNAL

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 DVP Spektrum R
Only THREE? That's odd, (no pun intended).
Three each side. Pretty typical of how they ship indicating the tech didn’t even check for them. Dick move responding to something a year ago with a stupid response.

flogR

Ready to race!
I'm bewildered by the replies #35 and #36. As I understand it, the cars are shipped with one puck on each damper i.e. two on each side. Is there a third one somewhere on each side?

I like to do as much work on our cars as possible by myself, but nowadays I struggle getting under the car and I'm trying to avoid jacking, removing wheels etc. Therefore, before I make the effort, I want to know what to expect.