GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Proper Tint Installation

Royalion

Ready to race!
Getting quotes for tint, I have had several replies on how they apply the film. More than one shop said they can just “pull up and out” on the door panels and remove the inner window seals or “wipes” to apply the tint (leaving the door panel installed). Is this normal/ok?

Hotsky

Ready to race!
When I got mine done 2 weeks ago i asked if the place remove any panels and they said no. Which is a good thing because often tabs get broken and things dont fit right

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I've had over twenty cars tinted and nobody has ever done anything with the door panels.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Removing door panels to install tint? Was this at Jiffy Lube or something??

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
My tint guy removed a piece of the door trim at the top when he installed tint on both my GTI and Golf-R. No issue. He's one of the top installers in our area and he is a certified installer for FormulaOne, 3M, Suntek, etc.

Jrb5

Passed Driver's Ed
On my MK6 I had a reputable shop tint my windows and from memory they removed the door panels, but not all the way off.

q74

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
R
Removing door panels to install tint? Was this at Jiffy Lube or something??

Its not strictly needed, but lots of the better shops that do tinting will remove panels, because it results in a better end result.

braveulysses

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
17 mk7 gti
If any shop needs to remove any panels, including for the front triangle window, you need to shop around for a better installer.