GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"Proper" 60-130mph technique

scrllock

Autocross Champion
So....not possible?

I ask, because some feedback I got from EQT owners was I should be hitting nearly 140mph by the end of 4th gear in the R :unsure:
EQT owners, eh?

Not sure which trans you have, but my DQ381 with 25.7" tires, 4th goes to about 112mph when it shifts at 6800 rpm. There are two different final drives, they're probably assuming the second one is used for 4th which isn't true (4th uses the shorter ratio, 4.47). I'd have to run a tire over 28" in diameter to hit 130 in 4th (and raise my rev limiter/shift points).

dlaunde

Go Kart Newbie
EQT owners, eh?

Not sure which trans you have, but my DQ381 with 25.7" tires, 4th goes to about 112mph when it shifts at 6800 rpm. There are two different final drives, they're probably assuming the second one is used for 4th which isn't true (4th uses the shorter ratio, 4.47). I'd have to run a tire over 28" in diameter to hit 130 in 4th (and raise my rev limiter/shift points).
Mine is the DQ381.
My tuner for EQT confirmed it's not possible (as you explained). Guess I still wonder how there is so much misinformation going on with owners to this day on certain things.

Thanks for the confirmation and replies!
Same for you @Diggs24

Last edited: