GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Production Ready MK7 GTI Caught Filming in USA

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
http://www.vwvortex.com/news/volkswagen-news/production-gti-caught-at-commercial-filming/

I still love it.

Looks like they gave it NA ride height (DG or VWR on the radar would suffice)
Red Head light line stayed. Love it
White looks awesome
Looks like LEDs stayed
"GTI" Labeled Brakes....look bigger (R32 style)....EDIT: JK...look the same size
Pano Roof
Headlight washers???
Possible Parktronic?

krische

vdubber in training
I wonder what the headlights will look like for the R, as I assume they won't have the red line.

krische

vdubber in training
I don't think the steering wheel looks that bad. Just a little thinner than the mk6 one.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
I personally love everything about it.

A steering wheel and red line will not sway me either way. The fact that the technology this car presents as well as mechanical upgrades are bar none the best performing GTI we will see.

MK7 Golf R with rumored 600lb reduction and the same 300hp motor as the S3....I think we can expect AMAZING things and quite possibly can be my next car.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
FYI Steering wheel really doesnt look bad at all.

Everyone will need to wait for Geneva for official release

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
The "fogs" are integrated within the fins on the lower bumper.

DAS_STIG

Banned
I personally love everything about it.

A steering wheel and red line will not sway me either way. The fact that the technology this car presents as well as mechanical upgrades are bar none the best performing GTI we will see.

MK7 Golf R with rumored 600lb reduction and the same 300hp motor as the S3....I think we can expect AMAZING things and quite possibly can be my next car.

600 lb reduction? so it'll be lighter than a gti?

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
600 lb reduction? so it'll be lighter than a gti?

If everything from the mentioned article IS in fact, true. Then yes :)

mkvhaz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 GTI
If everything from the mentioned article IS in fact, true. Then yes :)

Unfortunately that is a big "IF" considering the source. I remember when Autocar was saying that the GTI would have 260hp.

Also consider that the next S3 will be about 3150lbs and will have a 0-60 time of 5.0 seconds. In the very same article Autocar states that the next R will have the very same 0-60 time as the S3 of 5.0 seconds while having a 500lb weight advantage over the S3!? Doesn't add up.

gtiw7

Ready to race!
as long as it remain called "Volkswagen-Audi Group"....Golf R will NEVER be faster, lighter or have more of any other advantages than the S3 period :rolleyes: with an exception for the price of course ;)