GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Product release - Driver side air intake scoop

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
great mod imo. I used the ECS ducts because Twist did not have one at the time and I did not know about 2SlowVW's option (would prefer this if I had known) but did both driver and passenger and noticed a few * lower oil temps after too probably from the passenger side duct putting bit more cold air on the oil filter and heat exchanger

Last edited:

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
two grates one scoop would work....PM 2slow he hay have other ideas.

or meds for OCD :)

mods > meds

Mud

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Do you offer an option of just the scoop? My OCD tells me that I'd prefer to Dremel the slots in my current grill for symmetry.
You would have to use a nut and bolt combo instead of a screw to hold it all together and mount it under the current grate with the bolt coming from the top of the grill down, on the underside use a nut to hold it.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
You would have to use a nut and bolt combo instead of a screw to hold it all together and mount it under the current grate with the bolt coming from the top of the grill down, on the underside use a nut to hold it.

Thanks for the reply. Definitely an option. I'll reach out after I think on it more.

dtanthony

I noticed these faux inlets have solid plastic behind them. Does the cold air just pass above them (can’t tell how much space there is above them when hood is closed)? Anyone try cutting the plastic backing out of these inlets to allow more air flow?

https://pasteboard.co/IERGjCp.jpg

Last edited:

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I noticed these faux inlets have solid plastic behind them. Does the cold air just pass above them (can’t tell how much space there is above them when hood is closed)? Anyone try cutting the plastic backing out of these inlets to allow more air flow?

https://pasteboard.co/IERGjCp.jpg

Yeah man, lots of threads on the subject. Just cut them out if you’re not overly cautions about rain getting in their.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stija

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
BMW Saab Subaru VW
Any datalogging of before and after? I looked thru the thread but did not see any. Just butt dynos.

I would imagine not much difference cuz most of the air is already coming from same area, but alike scoop for an open air box setup would be something else entirely.

Last edited:

dtanthony

Any datalogging of before and after? I looked thru the thread but did not see any. Just butt dynos.

I would imagine not much difference cuz most of the air is already coming from same area, but alike scoop for an open air box setup would be something else entirely.

Will air pass above it freely if you don’t cut through them?