dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
I drive 90% city and get about 210 - 220 miles for ~10 gallon fill up.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I drive 90% city and get about 210 - 220 miles for ~10 gallon fill up.
You could do much better with a tune especially with EQT or Sneeky. I drive a delivery route in Phoenix and average 25-28 MPG in the city with 416 HP.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I get 26 mpg if I'm lucky. My foot weighs a LOT though

When I first got my car and was driving responsibly and mostly highway, I would see 40ish on a good day. Then I tuned it and moved to a spot where I didn't take the highway to work and well...

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
as mentioned city driving kills mpg. also be aware the cars estimated numbers run high unless adjusted. Do math to figure out real mpg.

fwiw in my mostly rural commute on back state Rte's I get on average 33.

mud4

Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI GFG
Also if anyone wanted an economy car the GTI wasn't it.
Dude, I'm blown away by this car. I expected mid 20s since it's a turbo 4, but my lifetime average (since brand new) is a bit over 33mpg. I do a lot of highway but just yesterday I did about 220 miles and averaged 40mpg (all highway). Even getting on it I'll still average high 20s/low 30s without issue. This car rocks!

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
I'll get an average of upper 30's (36 -38 mpg) on the highway in the right lane with cruise control set at some 66 -68 mph.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
At 325whp running a tune I get 33 average calculated at the pump. Mostly rural driving with a little city. Oh, usually there is a few quick pulls mixed in there.

Tacomonster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Gti 2019
If you’re steady with your pedal you can get well into the 40s. I once got over 46mpg with the gti in eco mode. These cars are phenomenally efficient.

Attachments

• C24E4415-F6EF-4DCF-9F81-ABE7C1A73878.jpeg
    C24E4415-F6EF-4DCF-9F81-ABE7C1A73878.jpeg
    6 MB · Views: 41