GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Problems new installed 7.5 tail lights on Golf 7

Mk7Holland

Car(s)
Golf 7 (2015)
Hello,
(Mk7 owner from Holland)

Yesterday I installed the mk7.5 tail lights on my mk7. I ordered my tail lights on AliExpress (AKD Automotive). Because it’s way cheaper and I know for a fact that many companies over here order aftermarket lights through, for example, AliExpress.

The tail lights are plug-to-play. I installed the tail lights and the wire harness. And that’s it. No need to code anything. My golf has standard the halogen tail lights.

Unfortunately...

E1A1879E-D1F9-4FA7-99A3-553BBA6E1127.jpeg

The tail light in the red circle is dynamic but the other half is not dynamic anymore after the first signal.

When I turn left, the first signal is dynamic through the whole left tail light but after the first signal the right part of the left tail light is not dynamic anymore. I have checked the wires but nothing has changed.
Maybe the coding from factory is wrong and has to be changed.

The right sight of my tail light is good. The first signal is dynamic and the signals after that too.

Does anybody know what’s wrong with my left tail light?

123allan123

Car(s)
Mk7 110hp
Hi,

Owner MK7 2016 here also from the Netherlands and also purchased the same LEDS (I ordered them from ali)
My inner tailight (Trunk) is not dynamic either. (on both taillights)
The outside taillight blinker is dynamic.

I bought a obdelevenpro but had no succes programmering it. (Tried everything at https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...5-tail-light-issue.364851/page-2#post-7470170) but it made it worse, most things started working differently and I resetted it to default.

It seems we suffer from the same problem.

It does work when locking/unlocking the car.
It just does not work with turn signals.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Some more info on the lights:
Screenshot 2021-03-11 at 20.52.42.png

Is how its wired, 1 extra cable was deliverd to be attached to the yellow cable.
This cable had to be connected to my inner taillight(trunk).

Last edited: