GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Price check on used MK7 and MK7.5

adcampo

Car(s)
M3, Q8, GTI
I've owned a few GTI's and a Golf R. One of my sons is currently driving a MK6 GTI.

I'm in the market to buy another GTI for my other son.

First off, the used car prices are insane. I'm really annoyed at how high they are. Both cars are at non VW dealers. There may be a little room in the price, but dealer aren't budging much. For comparison, a based Jetta S new was $20,500 with no discounts being offered. Grrr.

Here is what I'm looking at:

2016 GTI SE grey on black leather 6mt. 36k miles, DCC, no blind spot, xenon's, 2 owners with plenty of service history. No accidents - $23,250.
2017 GTI Autobahn - grey on black 6 mt. 56k miles, 1 owner and limited service records on carfax. No accidents - $22,750.

I'm leaning toward the 2017 to get the MK7.5 plus the other features. The dealer fees are slightly lower too.

I welcome some input for you experts.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
I've owned a few GTI's and a Golf R. One of my sons is currently driving a MK6 GTI.

I'm in the market to buy another GTI for my other son.

First off, the used car prices are insane. I'm really annoyed at how high they are. Both cars are at non VW dealers. There may be a little room in the price, but dealer aren't budging much. For comparison, a based Jetta S new was $20,500 with no discounts being offered. Grrr.

Here is what I'm looking at:

2016 GTI SE grey on black leather 6mt. 36k miles, DCC, no blind spot, xenon's, 2 owners with plenty of service history. No accidents - $23,250.
2017 GTI Autobahn - grey on black 6 mt. 56k miles, 1 owner and limited service records on carfax. No accidents - $22,750.

I'm leaning toward the 2017 to get the MK7.5 plus the other features. The dealer fees are slightly lower too.

I welcome some input for you experts.
2017 is a MK7. You’d be crazy to go for the Autobahn w/ nearly double miles for $500 more, esp since the 2016 has DCC. That’s the best package imo, SE fully loaded. AB just adds dual zone climate and nav.

adcampo

Car(s)
M3, Q8, GTI
Thanks. I’m sure he’ll be thrilled. My other son has a 2013 MK5 Wolfsburg. For comparison, we got that when it was 3 years old and 17k miles for only $14.5k. Crazy used car prices!

tknj99

Ready to race!
Congrats on your purchase! I also sold mine the same day to a NoVA dealer for $23.5.. 2k less than i purchased it for 4.5 years ago, unbelievable!

tknj99

Ready to race!
Tysons Corner.. they beat Carmax by $500 and Vroom by $250.. figured i may have been able to get another grand by waiting on a private party but this was so easy