R is for rumble. Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the Mk7.5 Golf R, available now through the AWE dealer network.
- SwitchPath™ Exhaust technology offers the perfect combination of well behaved and disobedient tones, all in one system
- Available as SwitchPath™ Exhaust or the lower priced Track Edition
- Max gains of 17 hp and 23 ft-lbs of torque at the crank
- Performance Downpipes features a 200 CPSI EURO6-compliant HJS catalyst
- Performance Downpipe available as resonated or non-resonated
- Direct bolt-on for factory-like simplicity
- Proudly engineered, designed and manufactured in-house at AWE
- Handcrafted from CNC mandrel-bent 3" and 2.5" U.S.-sourced .065” wall T304L stainless steel
- 102mm double-walled tips available in chrome silver or diamond black
- Less is more: clean, straight-through design maximizes performance
- AWE No CEL Guarantee
- Perfect fitment, guaranteed
- AWE Lifetime Warranty (one year on catalyst)
The SwitchPath™ Exhaust:
AWE SwitchPath™ Exhaust Technology is a proprietary solution that utilizes valves in the exhaust to control tone and volume. Controlled by a combination of throttle input and engine speed, SwitchPath™ Technology keeps the Golf R quiet and comfortable while cruising, but give it the boot and you’ll unlock an aggressive and exotic exhaust note.
The Track Edition Exhaust:
The lower priced sibling, the Track Edition Exhaust, boasts all of the precision engineering as the SwitchPath™ Exhaust, minus the SwitchPath™ valves. In other words, this system is the “open valves” side of the spectrum, all the time, and will be most pronounced in the mid range.
This version is known to get rowdy, and may be too much for many. For that reason, this particular version cannot be returned due to sound preference. Prepare yourself.
To further hone the tone and performance of your Golf R, we’re offering both resonated and non-resonated downpipe. Both versions feature our No Check Engine Light Guarantee, Fitment Guarantee, a unique flex-pipe section to isolate engine movement, and offer our Lifetime Warranty on the downpipe (one year on the catalyst).
Resonated Downpipe: Slightly louder than the stock Golf R downpipe. Featuring our No CEL Guarantee (even without software) and a sophisticated and distinguished tone. We recommend our Resonated Downpipes as the best choice for a refined presence within the Golf R cabin.
Non-Resonated Downpipe: Removes the resonator for a more aggressive note and greater volume than the stock downpipe. Featuring our No CEL Guarantee (even without software) and a pronounced note. AWE Non-Resonated Downpipes (and their associated packages) are only recommended for Golf R owners who like it loud, and this product cannot be returned or exchanged based upon sound satisfaction.
Drivers have the options of 102mm tips in either chrome silver or diamond black, which include the AWE logo, and double walling to ensure a mirror finish even under hard usage. All tips are individually adjustable, allowing depth into the bumper to be set according to personal taste.
What’s in the box?
Complete SwitchPath™ or Track Edition Exhaust, four 102mm tips in chosen finish, and all necessary hardware for installation.
Questions? Hit me here or directly via email.