GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Presenting the AWE AirGate™ Carbon Intake. Available Now.

Josh/AWE

Unlocking Performance

Blow the top off. Presenting the AWE AirGate™ Carbon Intake for the MQB platform.

• Designed, engineered, and tested in-house at AWE
  • Available with or without AirGate™ Lid
  • Max gains of 16 hp and 9 ft-lbs of torque at the wheels (GTI, stage 2 software)
  • Max gains of 9 hp and 9 ft-lbs of torque at the wheels (Golf R, stage 2 software)
  • Durable and washable high-flow AWE S-FLO Filter included
  • Perfect integration with OEM air inlet
  • Retains stock mounting locations
  • UV-stabilized resin and clear coat
  • Handcrafted from genuine 2x2 carbon fiber
  • Perfect fitment guaranteed
  • AWE No Check Engine Light Guarantee
  • Fitment note: some motors require an SAI breather filter
The MQB AirGate™ Carbon Intake:

Options and adjustability with AirGate™.

Lid on or lid off, the AirGate™ Carbon Intake can evolve on a whim with a few turns of three easily-accessible hex screws. Want to hear more turbo inductions sounds from within the cabin? Go topless. Prefer to keep it stealthy? Simply bolt the AirGate™ lid in place.

Constructed of genuine 2x2 carbon fiber, the AWE MQB AirGate™ Carbon Intake maintains appropriate water draining provisions while utilizing factory mounting points, integrating with the factory ram air inlet seamlessly.

The S-FLO Filter:

The included AWE S-FLO Filter is designed to ensure easy service and to maximize airflow by sitting in the direct path of ram air from the front inlet. This increased air flow unlocked maximum gains of 16 hp and 9 ft-lbs of torque out of the GTI, and 9 hp and 9 ft-lbs of torque out of the Golf R, both paired with stage 2 software.

Upgrade options:

The AirGate™ Carbon Intake can be purchased with or without the AirGate Lid. If you want to add the lid later, no problem.

Important fitment notes:

Some vehicles require a breather filter. Find out if you do by clicking here.

Please note, AWE AirGate™ Carbon Intakes are for racing use only.

Data:

You’ve got questions? We’ve got answers. 1.888.565.2257, 215.658.1670 or [U]performance@AWE-Tuning.com[/U].

Last edited:

Hoon

Autocross Champion
You gained 16whp on the stage 2 GTI, not 9 as your post states.

Also, thanks for posting proof of what I've been saying for a long time. Good intakes work, and open intakes are not good intakes.

Josh/AWE

Unlocking Performance

Also, thanks for posting proof of what I've been saying for a long time. Good intakes work, and open intakes are not good intakes.

Good to know people still read the text in posts. Thanks, Hoon. Clearly got swapped somewhere as I was typing. :)

PS: My pleasure. I figured many here would appreciate such data. Luckily the cake can be had and eaten with AirGate™.

Last edited:

Stage2Sasquatch

Go Kart Champion
How about a plastic version and half the cost.

There's a good post about it by APR I think somewhere about why carbon fiber is used. But basically as I understand it the tooling to make the plastic molds makes the cost between a plastic and carbon fiber intake almost the same. Hence why a lot of companies use carbon fiber. Truth be told working with carbon fiber is cheaper and easier than most people think.

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
My mk6 carbonio was like $350 new. Carbon fiber filter on a stick, same stuff as all the mk7 intakes. No reason to have the price so high

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
Wow.. I know you have to pay for R and D but 600 dollars if you want the lid.. based on your dyno #'s why would you sell an open configuration?? if you loose 9 hp to save 54 dollars. but only gain 7hp for 538 dollars? It's actually cheaper to tool for injection molding than Carbon fiber.. also save in the cost of autoclaving the boxes. Plastic injection molding would take a fraction of the time to make one. Sorry but not Sorry this isn't worth it.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Wow.. I know you have to pay for R and D but 600 dollars if you want the lid.. based on your dyno #'s why would you sell an open configuration?? if you loose 9 hp to save 54 dollars. but only gain 7hp for 538 dollars? It's actually cheaper to tool for injection molding than Carbon fiber.. also save in the cost of autoclaving the boxes. Plastic injection molding would take a fraction of the time to make one. Sorry but not Sorry this isn't worth it.

Same reason you'd put an aftermarket BOV on a car that can hold boost with the stock one.

Ricers gonna rice.

mursepaolo

Ready to race!

Plenty of open intakes have good gains.. what are you talking about?

mursepaolo

Ready to race!
Every car with an open intake would make more power with a closed one, and not sound like a rice box.

Maybe like 1-2 hp, which is well within the +/- on any given dyno.
As long as it flows better than stock and IATs remain within range of each other, there will be no major difference. My APR and Unitronic intakes sat at temps almost identical to my AFE and IE intakes, +30f from ambient when sitting, +10f from ambient when running, stock intercooler for all of it.
You track your car. You know first hand that dyno numbers don't mean shit.

nate704

Go Kart Champion
Every car with an open intake would make more power with a closed one, and not sound like a rice box.

Negligible power gain that you can't even feel for $600 is still too much since all aftermarket intake is for either looks or noise.

I'm pretty sure that the real life situation like extremely hot day in traffic, heat soaked situations, you are most not likely gain any power at all.

Last edited: