GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Prefacelift GTI Headlight Recommendations

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
They for sure have pre-facelift, running them on my 2015. Here's the thread... https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/osram-mk7-headlight-housings-interested.357986/

The facelift ones came out later of course, and I haven't actually seen any posts about a facelift car running them. I thought the facelift cars came with LED headlights, maybe only partial LED?
Pre-facelift style headlights. The ones with the two U's. All i see from Osram is the facelift style headlights with yhe two hockey stick shaped LEDs.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG

aegis

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
IIRC Next step up on replace-ables is OSRAM...pricey but good quality tight point source that works in OEM lens reflector. Question for anyone who has bot and installed: how did it go?
Shipping slow on the LONG BOAT FROM GERMANY, during Covid?
I have them installed and the quality is literally OEM+. Very pleased with the money spent as they are the entire housing. Very easy to install but I also already had the bumper off to replace it from hitting an animal. I ordered mine smack dab in the middle of COVID and they came in like a week, I was shocked at how quick they came, but honestly ymmv.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I find them too expensive. Also afaik they do not have prefacelift lights.

Pre-facelift style headlights. The ones with the two U's. All i see from Osram is the facelift style headlights with yhe two hockey stick shaped LEDs.
Ahhh, pre-facelift style headlights... gotcha. I like the hard angle of the "hockey sticks" on the Osrams better than the facelift lights, personally.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Ahhh, pre-facelift style headlights... gotcha. I like the hard angle of the "hockey sticks" on the Osrams better than the facelift lights, personally.
They would look out of place on my prefacelift gti with regular NA taillights. I'm not looking to buy LED tails.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Osrams look waaay better than facelift lights, in my opinion....

If I didn't have LP on my pre-facelift car I would have gone the Osram route a long time ago. Much better quality than any "rep" headlight.

I know that's not helpful to you OP, good luck in your search.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I don't like them.
I like the oem mk7 R lights (not 7.5), but if i was changing, I'd have to go with the quality of Osram over looks