GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Precision Raceworks MPI Rail Injector Seating. What about CTS, APR and Iroz?

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
I would probably attribute any variance to a manufacturer tolerance on the metal fuel rail itself, more so than the injectors since the fasteners can now be fully screwed in the plastic and making it flush. In that case, grinding down the metal rail holders a couple of mm should do the trick.

I was thinking along these lines as a potential fix when I still had the parts in my hand. I think I might do this if the manifold needs to come back off. The gaps do vary by a few mm, one is seated enough to where you can't rotate the actual injector because the tab sticking out of the injector is about halfway in the OEM channel. The gap is still visible enough to clearly see the injector housing but yeah, mine do vary.

Mosquito

Go Kart Champion
I was thinking along these lines as a potential fix when I still had the parts in my hand. I think I might do this if the manifold needs to come back off. The gaps do vary by a few mm, one is seated enough to where you can't rotate the actual injector because the tab sticking out of the injector is about halfway in the OEM channel. The gap is still visible enough to clearly see the injector housing but yeah, mine do vary.

It is fairly easy to remove the MPI rail assembly and injectors without having to do anything to the manifold.
Just release the fuel pressure, unscrew the rail and take it out. You might be able to do it without undoing the wires for the injectors though it will be easier to work on it without them in the way.

Last edited:

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
Response with pic from CTS.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 4.38.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 4.38.20 PM.png
    417.8 KB · Views: 183

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Response with pic from CTS.

You could always identify the amount of spacers needed to space the seal closer to the seat in the manifold. Or use an o-ring to space it closer.

Or just send it. the upper seal should be thorough enough, but have noticed the same on my manifold and injectors.

loudspl

Car(s)
GLI, GTI, TDI
I'm also running the PR rail and had the same issue with inj. seating on the OE manifold.

Ended up getting the RPC manifold to prep for an Iroz kit a while back.
Much more secure injector mounting with the RPC. No drilling needed.

There are some good aftermarket manifold & rail choices out there now.
KakaRakis Performance, RPC, and even ECS is releasing one soon..