GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Precision race works MPI install

DonTuan

Passed Driver's Ed
For those who got the brass screw inserts, when did you order or receive your MPI kit? I received mine on 1/30 and have the crappy melt in inserts, but did get the injector clips.

Anyways...I just emailed PR to see if they can provide me with the screw inserts instead.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Ok I'm doing mine today but not hooking wires up , I'll see if I can do that it sure would make it easier but I thought it wouldn't clear the top

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Yo did anyone take out the plates in the head for more flow? What are they for?

Attachments

• IMG_20200313_223142708.jpg
    IMG_20200313_223142708.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 136

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Not familiar with them but are they hinged? If they are they could aid in moderate driving.
Those are the ones on the intake itself, he’s looking at the ones directly on the heads intake valve, I would think they are meant for splitting the airflow turbulence, I can see the intake runner flaps maybe reducing air flow but I don’t think the ones in the heard would really reduce air flow.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Tips and tricks.

That coolant line on the front by the TB is a bit of a bitch. Baby needle nose locking vice grips and some soapy water. Got these babies at harbor fright.

This is my "T30 intake manifold screw removah" © (Patent pending) I magnetized the tip.

But just in case, always bring a magnet (of course the only one I film my removah falls apart, lol. The rest went perfect.)

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Tight ass fit. Oh and yes this nipple cannot be installed off the car as it hits that metal bracket. Driver's side can be installed off car.

All done.

Tomorrow ELECTRICAL! Fun times....I'm sore and tired. Took about 7 hours. Oh, and I had to rebuild my maestro file because I didn't use a boss mpi base file when I built it, even though my Moose file has mpi tables. :rolleyes:

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Lol we are literally exact same stage. So whats weird is I guess cts doesnt have a hose towards passenger side like PR, it just blocks off then Ts into oem fuel hose/route.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
mpi bros!
I am also 50% sure my injectors are fully seated. long long story but basically had to return euro mani and modify my own and it still just barely over the injector mating groove part in manifold.

Im hoping the O rings are down far enough to seal :O

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I am also 50% sure my injectors are fully seated. long long story but basically had to return euro mani and modify my own and it still just barely over the injector mating groove part in manifold.

Im hoping the O rings are down far enough to seal :O

Why couldn't you use the Euro manifold?