GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Precision race works MPI install

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
Thanks for the pics Diggs. Looks like it is an updated rail so can't retrofit the clips. Glad to see they've made improvements with the new inserts/nuts and injector clips. How many hose clamps did the kit have? The old kit came with 1 but needed 3.

Mosquito

Go Kart Champion
Sounds like CTS' method of install. You use the locking nut to keep the screw from spinning within the insert. The whole mechanism spins together so you can screw the inserts onto the manifold.
Take a look a CTS' install PDF. Might give you some ideas. PR does need to update their install PDF. Their wiring harness now includes 3 wires for the flex fuel sensor which is not mentioned on the install PDF. This will throw people off at install time.

Curious now to see how my original rail will play with the updated hardware bits.

Mosquito

Go Kart Champion
I think it is the same thing. The screw and nut turn the assembly into a temporary bolt.
I imagine you screw the nut half way up the bolt, screw the insert on to the bolt until the bottom end is flush , lower nut until it becomes flush with insert on top. Screw insert onto plastic manifold. unscrew bolt and the nut should come back out with it leaving the insert in the manifold. no?

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
No hose clamps. Also, the instructions state to "use the provided hose". There are no fuel lines in the kit so I think they need an update.

Lol, that line is still on the kit contents section too.

So I guess that means they want you to use the stock fuel line instead. Either way, I'd clamp the connections to rail and hpfp. My inserts never backed out but had that AN6 line pop off the barbed fitting and the hpfp. A section of the stock line might work better in that spot since it's more flexible.

PR does need to update their install PDF. Their wiring harness now includes 3 wires for the flex fuel sensor which is not mentioned on the install PDF. This will throw people off at install time.

That's exactly what happened to me! Haha. Took me a long time to figure it out even with Railroader's help. Discussed in post #88.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I do have a question about the lines. It looks like the stock line has a fitting there that it could be taken apart at there on the left side of the manifold. Do you guys just separate it there and jam it into the barbed part of the mpi rail and clamp it down or do you just cut out a section of the OEM line on both sides? Obviously the OEM line is too long and needs cut down a bit mpi rail to hpfp.

Mosquito

Go Kart Champion
Lol, that line is still on the kit contents section too.

So I guess that means they want you to use the stock fuel line instead. Either way, I'd clamp the connections to rail and hpfp. My inserts never backed out but had that AN6 line pop off the barbed fitting and the hpfp. A section of the stock line might work better in that spot since it's more flexible.

That's exactly what happened to me! Haha. Took me a long time to figure it out even with Railroader's help. Discussed in post #88.

I haven't installed my kit, but did have conversations with them back in December when I received the goods since based on the install doc, it seemed I had missing parts.
In short, they said something along the lines of the stock hose, fitting better in typical installs than the hose they were previously including. There was mention of a fitting too. I can't recall if there was an extra one included or if one was taken out from the parts vs parts on doc.

I got an email today from PR saying they are working on a new install doc and if ready, I might even get a copy of it by email. Will advise if so.
I am being told the fuel rail hasn't changed. Only the install hardware.

Last edited:

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Not sure if this is the most recent install guide but it's what they gave me in January. They also told me the following in an email...

"Please note there have been minor changes to the kit since the instructions were developed such as the kit no longer coming with a short fuel line going to the HPFP and the stock fuel line getting used for this as mentioned above. Also I noticed that we have provided this additional information below to our MPI customers.

-Grey wire goes to pin 71
-Black ground goes by the fire wall area behind the battery
-Purple wire to switch 12 v with 5 amp fuse

If you are running flex fuel and MPI you will need to add an external fuse to the system for one of them as the cars only have 2 blank spaces for fuses.
"

If you guys have any further questions, just call them and ask for Robert who is their VW tech.

Attachments

• MK7-Port-Injection-Install-Guide.pdf
    9.5 MB · Views: 869

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
I do have a question about the lines. It looks like the stock line has a fitting there that it could be taken apart at there on the left side of the manifold. Do you guys just separate it there and jam it into the barbed part of the mpi rail and clamp it down or do you just cut out a section of the OEM line on both sides? Obviously the OEM line is too long and needs cut down a bit mpi rail to hpfp.

I had thought about doing that but I remember thinking it left too much slack so I ended up cutting down. I had the provided AN6 line so didn't have to cut for the hpfp side. FYI for anyone cutting, the stock line is crazy expensive. Something to keep in mind if you ever go back to stock.

https://store.ngpracing.com/fuel-li...golf-r-audi-8v-a3-s3-1-8t-2-0t-gen-3-tsi.html
I haven't installed my kit, but did have conversations with them back in December when I received the goods since based on the install doc, it seemed I had missing parts.
In short, they said something along the lines of the stock hose, fitting better in typical installs than the hose they were previously including. There was mention of a fitting too. I can't recall if there was an extra one included or if one was taken out from the parts vs parts on doc.

I got an email today from PR saying they are working on a new install doc and if ready, I might even get a copy of it by email. Will advise if so.
I am being told the fuel rail hasn't changed. Only the install hardware.

I'm no expert but glad they went away from the supplied AN6 line from the rail to the hpfp. That line is very beefy and isn't as flexible as the stock hose. Without a proper worm clamp or better to hold it snug , the AN6 doesn't want to stay at that curvature. Add in engine movement and other factors and it wasn't going to hold with just a barbed fitting or stock spring clamp. Seems plenty of people who went the extra step and upgraded the clamps have been good though.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
New bolts are M6 1.0 40mm. Old bolts are M8 1.25 40mm as said previously. No way the nuts are used to lock on the backside as the new bolts aren't long enough. I looked at the manifold and can't see how one could use any sort of locking nut on the backside if using the old M8 bolts as there just isn't enough room due to the angle, you'd have to cut into the manifold and that sounds risky. Think I'm just going to pool some gorilla glue into the hole just enough to catch the bottom of the insert so it never leaves. Just gotta grab some M8 1.25 40mm bolts so I can reuse Railroader's manifold. Before someone asks why I don't take out the old inserts it's because the new inserts are smaller.