GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PowerDemon’s '15 MK7

Striker23

Go Kart Newbie
Congrats on the build. Should be a blast. i laughed when I read your description of the new puck you installed. I got the HPA kit and man did it add some vibrations. i was shocked when I put the ac on for the first time Lol. Reverse was harsh too. Everything is settled a bit but taking off and reverse still shake. I enjoy it but if I had to do it again I think I’d go with a more mild option. Keep the updates coming. Enjoying the thread!

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Congrats on the build. Should be a blast. i laughed when I read your description of the new puck you installed. I got the HPA kit and man did it add some vibrations. i was shocked when I put the ac on for the first time Lol. Reverse was harsh too. Everything is settled a bit but taking off and reverse still shake. I enjoy it but if I had to do it again I think I’d go with a more mild option. Keep the updates coming. Enjoying the thread!

Thanks! I am very happy with how it is going so far. I am with you on the puck haha. It sure was a shock the first time. You can almost feel the starter physically engage. It has definitely calmed down now, but the BFI Stage 2 mounts have exacerbated it again lol. Hopefully it settles down a little more within the next few hundred miles.

Yeah good stuff you got going in here, PowerDemon! Living up to your handle (name) I see.

Thanks man! I try :ROFLMAO:

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
A little bit of an update. Everything is running smoothly and I have put about 200 miles on the setup since install. I plan to go out tomorrow morning and grab the first set of data logs for Ed so we can get going with some revisions. I wish I could tell you how it feels in boost, but I have been keeping my foot out of it and letting everything break in. I actually haven't been over 3k or 3.5psi :cry: I will report back once I go to take some logs though! Everything feels good so far and I can’t wait to start turning up the boost! Also here is a pretty cool photo I didn’t realize my mechanic took until recently. Also a photo of my first sticker! (excuse the pollen) I would say it adds at least 5whp based on the butt dyno ;)

IMG_3182.JPG

IMG_3207.jpg

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
A little bit of an update. Everything is running smoothly and I have put about 200 miles on the setup since install. I plan to go out tomorrow morning and grab the first set of data logs for Ed so we can get going with some revisions. I wish I could tell you how it feels in boost, but I have been keeping my foot out of it and letting everything break in. I actually haven't been over 3k or 3.5psi :cry: I will report back once I go to take some logs though! Everything feels good so far and I can’t wait to start turning up the boost! Also here is a pretty cool photo I didn’t realize my mechanic took until recently. Also a photo of my first sticker! (excuse the pollen) I would say it adds at least 5whp based on the butt dyno ;)

View attachment 169329

View attachment 169330

I don't think that you installed that turbo properly. 😂

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
I don't think that you installed that turbo properly. 😂

That's not where it's supposed to go??

Mmmmm that BBK.

They stop just about as good as they look :ROFLMAO:

Today I finally got to do a data log at full throttle after letting everything settle in for about 200 miles. All I can say is HOLY CRAP this thing pulls hard. I am on the EQT base map with only about 24psi and 6* of timing and this thing is insane! It pulls so hard up to redline. No nosing over past 5000 like the IS20 this thing pulls strong up to 6500. I am extremely impressed and I can’t wait to turn it up some more.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Well EQT took a look at the logs and broke the bad news. Even at "low" boost (24psi) the stock fuel system is struggling to keep up. I was hoping I could get away without a HPFP and still reach my goals but oh well. So last night at the suggestion of EQT I ordered the Autotech HPFP kit on 2 day priority shipping so hopefully it will be here by Friday at the latest and I can get it put on. Serves me right trying to cut a corner now I have to wait longer lol. Until then tuning has been put on pause. I have read through Diggs' DIY post and the Autotech instructions but if anyone has any tips or tricks to add please feel free to drop them below.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Got the Autotech HPFP internals installed today. I have to say I was really dreading this project. I am a very visual person and I couldn’t find a single video on it so I was quite apprehensive. However I read the entire Autotech HPFP install DIY thread by Diggs here about 3 times and when I got going in the project everything was really straightforward. Within that thread I also found post #104 to be helpful as well for some additional photos. Install took me about an hour using all the tools recommended in Diggs' thread and in the Autotech instructions. The most annoying part was probably getting that little bolt on the hard line threaded back onto the HPFP itself. But other than that it was a breeze.

I took some logs today after the install and the car pulls nice and strong. The butt dyno says it feels a little better up top but we haven't turned it up any yet so its hard to tell. EQT has already sent me my next revision so I will be getting that flashed on the car tomorrow and I am excited to see how the car feels turned up a bit. Thanks for looking guys!

IMG_3313.jpg

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Any idea how much power you're putting down now?

Right now? I don’t know. I’m still on their base map for all my modifications and only running 24psi so not much relative to this turbos capabilities. I am shooting for 425-450whp when we are done though which I feel is achievable on pump 93. Even on this low power map she moves out.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Right now? I don’t know. I’m still on their base map for all my modifications and only running 24psi so not much relative to this turbos capabilities. I am shooting for 425-450whp when we are done though which I feel is achievable on pump 93. Even on this low power map she moves out.

You should easily achieve that with that turbo.