GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PowerDemon’s '15 MK7

Brich804

I'm always driving from RVA to the fredricksburg area when I take my car for a drive. Maybe I'll run into ya sometime. Nice to see another local CSG 6mt!

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
I'm always driving from RVA to the fredricksburg area when I take my car for a drive. Maybe I'll run into ya sometime. Nice to see another local CSG 6mt!

For sure! Find any good roads with few police in your travels?

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Well today was a big reality check with the Dragy. First I went out to attempt some 0-60 pulls just to see where I would end up. The best pass I made was my first pass of 5.98 riding on the traction control all the way through first and second. I made two more 0-60 runs after that and both were slower to my surprise. I thought I would get faster as my tires heated up. I wanted to play around with my Cobb TC settings a bit but I didn’t have my accessport with me so that was a no go. Based on these abysmal results I decided that digs were stupid anyway and went to go do some 60-130 tests. I found a nice stretch of road in Mexico and let her rip. Disappointing results again with a best run of 10.25 seconds. Pretty not pleased with these numbers so far.

IMG_3505.PNG IMG_3504.PNG

SO. Next steps to improve my 60-130 times are ask Nick to turn on NLS and I will remove the spare+med kit. I am also going to mess around with where I shift a bit more. Nick recommended shifting at 7200 but I've only been shifting at 7000 because that’s all I can bring myself to do lol. Hopefully that does something. If this still does not drop me into the 9 second range (my goal) I will ask Nick to turn up the torque and see if he can find any more power in the tune. Keep in mind I had Nick cap the torque at 400lb ft actual to preserve both my clutch and bottom end. I’m suspecting that may be the culprit. Any additional go fast tips would be appreciated.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
LPFP + E. Drop some weight.
Also brake boost from 50mph. That 60-70 time could be under 1sec.

Last edited:

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Post the times to Dragy!

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
As much as I know it will help I'm not ready for Ethanol yet because that’s another rabbit hole I’m not ready to jump into yet. If anything I may setup a race gas tune because my local track sells Sunoco 98 octane. Definitely planning to go with full MPI for E on the next car though.

I wasn’t brake boosting for any of the runs I did. I'll try to brake boost it some from 50 next time and see if that makes an improvement. The gearing is not ideal because in theory you only shift once on a 60-130 run and unfortunately the turbo spools around 3900 which is almost exactly 60mph in third gear. I made one run where I started in 2nd and my 60-70 was 0.99.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Got to wash the car this weekend and took some OK pics. Had to hurry before the pollen settled in 😁 Still in loveeee with the Pretorias as wildly impractical as they are.

IMG_3524.jpg

IMG_3526.jpg

In other news I plan to get some more 60-130 runs in this weekend. I'm hoping to drop the time down some. I took out the spare and some other misc items because racecar. I am also ordering a set of Hawk Performance 9012 track pads to hopefully clean up my front rotors some because I am still having issue with a vibration at triple digit speeds.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
So I heard back from Nick@EQT and we will be turning on NLS to see if we can improve our 60-130 time. I also spoke with Patrick and he should be hooking me up with an upgraded PUT sensor which according to Nick should allow me to run 31-32PSI. On 31 or 32 PSI I hope to hit that magical mid 9 second 60-130 mark that I have in my mind. Plus I get to say I’m running 30 psi 🤣

I really should just build the motor, install MPI, and run full E85. 600whp or bust. If you have traction below 130mph wyd?

My Hawk 9012 pads should be coming in tomorrow as well. I’m going to follow Stoptech's guide on uneven pad deposit removal and hopefully we can get this vibration cleared up.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
So I heard back from Nick@EQT and we will be turning on NLS to see if we can improve our 60-130 time. I also spoke with Patrick and he should be hooking me up with an upgraded PUT sensor which according to Nick should allow me to run 31-32PSI. On 31 or 32 PSI I hope to hit that magical mid 9 second 60-130 mark that I have in my mind. Plus I get to say I’m running 30 psi 🤣

I really should just build the motor, install MPI, and run full E85. 600whp or bust. If you have traction below 130mph wyd?

My Hawk 9012 pads should be coming in tomorrow as well. I’m going to follow Stoptech's guide on uneven pad deposit removal and hopefully we can get this vibration cleared up.

Well there goes hoping for 425-450HP. 😂