GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PowerDemon’s '15 MK7

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Need to get @JerseyDrew77 in on this too! I should have some time around mid September.

Yeah....Drew can meet me and we can roll up....Tigeo lives near me, so maybe he can roll as well.

PM sent to all parties

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Just posting cause I love this photo for some reason. Maybe it’s because the overcast weather hides the flaws 😬

FCF36770-D508-4F63-87C3-53DAC174433A.jpeg

Still trying to figure out what I want to do with the car. Thought a lot about MPI, but I don’t see myself running ethanol often since I drive long distance and need the extra mileage, plus the car sits for about a month straight every once in awhile. I don’t like the idea of all that ethanol just fermenting in the tank/injectors.

I think my plan is to go back with new Golf R injectors (a bit more injector headroom) when I do the carbon cleaning and potentially get tuned on E30 for when I get the Ethanol bug. E30 would be easier on the mileage and I’d feel less bad about leaving some in the tank in a pinch. I figure I’ll finish up the 3” catback as well to free up some flow and hopefully lower EGTs. Decisions.

Send me a PM if you’re interested in a Fredericksburg meet up on the 25th. We are putting together a little cruise.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Golf R injectors are a waste. Do the MPI.

Even if I just run pump gas? Wouldn’t MPI be an even bigger waste?

It’s either MPI, Golf R injectors, or clean the ones I have. We are assuming pump 93 is going to be the primary fuel used. Wouldn’t I be better off sticking to DI?

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Last weekend I had a chance to meet up with a few of my local forum members. @JerseyDrew77 @tigeo @swcrow and I were all able to meet up and talk cars for a little while which was great. It was awesome to meet some likeminded VW nerds! Needless to say I feel the need to clean my engine bay now. Mine was by far the filthiest! Hopefully we will be able to meet up again sometime soon, hopefully with a few additional members! If anyone is interested we are hoping to get together in November. Hit us up!

This unfortunately the only photo that was taken. Also my car looks like a monster truck 😆 especially next to Scotts car aired out!

IMG_7994.JPG

A few weeks ago I picked up a Helix soundstystem upgrade for a pretty good price used and earlier this week I was able to install it. Honestly I was dreading this install and it turned out to be one of the easier installs I’ve done on this car. I used this and this video for instructions and everything went smoothly. I got it done in maybe 1.5 hours. I was really worried about the plastic trim pieces but it wasn’t that bad.

During installation photo

IMG_7978 2.jpg

Post install photo

IMG_7993.jpg

Some post install thoughts...

Honestly I am not an audiophile at all. So do not expect an in depth review of the mids, highs, and other sound system details. I just can’t tell the difference. That being said the difference between stock and this is HUGE. Even having read all the positive reviews I had no idea it would make this kind of difference. The bass is now perfect and the rest of the speakers have been made so much clearer. It really is awesome. I listen to music most of the time cruising so this was a welcome mod for me. I highly recommend this mod for fellow poverty spec owners.

I know it will fit, but I haven’t decided whether or not I want to put the spare back in. I know it can be done but I like the ~20-30lbs of weight savings lol. I don’t really want to add weight to the car.

Pre meet bath pics cause I don't have more of the Helix install 😬

IMG_7932.jpg

Anyway that's all for now. Thanks for reading!

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Well it can’t always be sunshine and rainbows. Today I was attempting a carbon clean and DI injector replacement when during disassembly I broke one of the injector clips. I was pulling off the injector rail and it was pretty stuck on there. When it suddenly came off I wasn’t really expecting it to let go so quickly and I snapped one of these small clips. I should have known better and been more careful, but such is life. It’s crazy how such a small mistake can bring the entire project to a grinding halt lol.

The culprit.

IMG_8080.jpg

Do you think I could replace just the plastic connector? As you can see just the connector is broken and the wires seem to be fine. Where could I find one of those clips? Or should I just replace the whole harness?

Here is a pic of the complete harness. I got PN 06L 971 627 K off of it. I found a few online and I’ll order it ASAP if none of my local dealers stock one at a reasonable price. Hopefully they have it though so I don’t have to wait on shipping.

IMG_8082.jpg

As she sits now until I can replace the harness

IMG_8084.jpg

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
That sucks. Make sure you remember to pull all those towels and tape!