GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PowerDemon’s '15 MK7

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Holy crap Colby.......you'll be hooking my GTI up next time she needs it.....great job....that shine is KILLER.

and Milwaukee makes a DA? Tell me that's M12......

As AJ said it is M18. Additionally the stock 5.0 M18 batteries you might already have laying around are not enough for it if you’re doing a lot of correcting IMO.

I had also picked up an M18 1/2” mid torque that came with their two 5.0 batteries and I figured they'd work fine with the polisher. M18 is M18 right?

Well they work but they don’t last very long. I’d say I got 10-15mins of runtime when correcting and leaning into the machine pretty hard. I would 100% recommend getting the 6.0 high output batteries for this machine if you can. The 5.0 batteries will work, but it sucks them down so quickly I had to buy a fast charger to keep the other one ready to go by the time it killed the first one. YMMV

That said I had no problems with the finish polish and foam pad. Plenty of run time. Run time seems to be directly proportional to how hard you lean on the machine. In my limited experience at least.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Diggs.. I forgot I had a business trip to Mexico this morning so I decided to take the Camaro instead and do a couple rips for ya.

IMG_3741.png

IMG_3742.png

Let’s see.. DA was pretty good as you can see. Car had a full tank of gas and I ran both passes back to back on the same road just different directions. I did use NLS. These are the two best of the 3 pulls I did. I of course missed 3rd the first time and botched it to a 9.1x or something.

Car is bone stock besides the suspension stuff in the rear and lowering springs. I’m pretty pleased for a stock MT car, and I’m sure it would go faster with more practice. I’m toying with the idea of grabbing a pail of Sunoco 260GT to run in it and see if it makes a difference. They say these motors are almost always pulling timing due to fuel quality even on the factory tune. Anyway.. good enough for now

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Holy crap Colby.......you'll be hooking my GTI up next time she needs it.....great job....that shine is KILLER.

and Milwaukee makes a DA? Tell me that's M12......
My set is all M12 too, lol. The struggle is real.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Nice! Would be a good run for Tapioca XL as I suspected.

I think it would be. I looked back in your thread and saw you posted a 8.4x but said you had some power pulled out for 2nd gear traction.

I think if you ran that tune we’d have a pretty tight race on our hands.

Now it’s time for headers and a ported blower 🤠