GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Power Liftgate mod recommendation ?

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
finally got a chance too really look inside the kit😇

just found out that wiring can’t go wrong, as discussed by iwm and puu, the kit is plug and play.

but the thing I got stuck at is @ the can box that was provided with the kit and how to connect? Did you guys needed to tab in connecting the kit twice? Or just once?

Connection from steering wheel
-white cable on orange brown (can -)
-purple cable on green (comfort)

2 cables, Connection from can box connect to canbus???
-green black on ???
-green on ???
Pretty sure the only wires I had that weren't plug and play were the 12v power and the ground.

Sn00ky

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 variant DSG
Thanks, so it’s not a must, to tap into the existing wiring of the car, why do they confuse me (refering too steps 4 and 5)...

629BC564-DC6B-4642-A5FD-92A84654EF82.png

Sn00ky

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 variant DSG

Sn00ky

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 variant DSG
After 11 long hours -> 3 retrofits have been performed.

-mirrors with BSA
-electric tailgate
-fitted the modules for BSA

@IWMTom @golfdave @puuhapet thanks for all your input(s)

tomorrow the last 2 hours putting things back as they were.... (e.g rear bank and connecting the bsa modules to can extended).

Attachments

• D37057E8-7D18-47D9-B2DF-8E20A11D4CFB.jpeg
    D37057E8-7D18-47D9-B2DF-8E20A11D4CFB.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 238
  • 3A4B39E4-381B-4227-8AD6-4DCF126F78DD.jpeg
    3A4B39E4-381B-4227-8AD6-4DCF126F78DD.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 235
Last edited:

Richie_1984

Car(s)
VW golf Mk 7.5 wagon
Hey guys,

I have a new 2020 golf wagon, purchased in June last year. I was looking for automatic boot opening kits and found this thread.

Can someone please let me know the difference between the kits in these links below?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/328...e489bb778b44c&templateKey=white_backgroup_101

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32832572155.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.ce0a4c4dmQOGBU

https://www.autoease.com/product/li...agen-golf-mk7-estate-variant-alltrack-2013-19

The 2 from Aliexpress look the same and both from links in the forum, but wasn't sure if there was a difference that you guys who have installed them notice. Want to make sure I purchase the correct one!

Sn00ky

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 variant DSG
Price difference, aliexpress is not a straightforward fit -> there are some modifications needed!

-autoease just look more expensive and maybe a straight fit?

-aliexpress is working with adjustments

Sn00ky

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 variant DSG
Hi Guys,

thought i was finished,B6C013A1-269E-45CF-BFE9-E44B10C7F39F.jpeg

but every time i start the car, the lock mechanism starts pulling on the boot is that regular? It seems it has no always power on via the big fuse f38

Sn00ky

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 variant DSG
Not sure I understand the problem here, could you elaborate?
Yes, I can try. With no pictures. As it’s freezing -5 and I’m almost on the edge too total the car... (will adjust post with pictures).

Problem 1 : electric latch keeps making beeps.

So when switching on the contact/ignition of the car, the electric latch in the boot starts working (moving and making beeps), this happens everytime I switch the ignitionbutton from OFF to the ON.
It seems like Fuse 38 has no always power +12V?

problem 2: different plugs of the tailgate kit

(there were also 2 plugs in the kit which looked the identical,
-one labeled (gti) and the other one
had no label

i used the gti one🙈 (i have read there are some differences regarding the 17+ GTI mk7 but the plugs looked the same) -> will change this plug.

Problem 3: electric latch hinch

The hook/hinch broke off which holds the boot tight in place by pulling it firmly (see prior post picture), its just about a 2mm differences which is seen between the boottailgate light and the fixed tailgate light, but because there is still some play, i need to press the hatch manually for those 2mm. -> Will reorder this item.

problem 4: rear wiper not working

Last edited: