GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Power Liftgate mod recommendation ?

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
a friend bought some type of smallish SUV...he told me a story about getting a call from his wife shortly after getting it, she couldn't close hatch because she was too short to reach it.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Right. Our Q5 has it and it's pretty slow. I personally don't like it, wish it had been an option. I also bonked myself in the head last week when I washed it, didn't realize it had the under car sensor and was drying the rear bumper and activated it. Stopped it with my head though.
Curious if the aftermarket ones have the pressure sensor? These things open and close with a lot of force, seems like a safety risk without it, and damage to your hatch when opening could be a risk. Our Q5 allows you to set the opening height, in case you have a low garage door.

I didn't realize this potential hazard on cars with the under car sensor.. thanks for the heads up.
Guess keep the fob away from the car while washing. Would suck if it started opening while in the autowash.

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Do...only ladies put stuff in the cargo area?

In touch less hatch commercials, who is always the one using it?
The 6’ 2” 220lb linebacker?
Marketing. My Wife would rather not lift a hatch and close it every time. With hatch pop she does not even try to close. I have to get it.

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Are the wires from the struts long enough to drill through the plastic instead of through the metal in the hatch?