GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Power Folding Mirrors with BSM

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Unless there's something obvious I'm missing, there's no difference in what mirrors you should buy between Mk7 and Mk7.5. Never seen anything saying 'only for Mk7.5', for example.

Yeah, I think you're right. In any case, I ordered the mirrors and the new door modules (5xx). Total was $280 from Aliexpress. I'll update this thread if/when I get the mirrors swapped and working.

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Well, I tried to do the power folding mirror swap. Unfortunately, I didn't get very far as I found out that the pins between the 592 body control module were different from the 392 body control module on my 2019 GSW, so unfortunately I couldn't connect the harnesses to the new 5 series BCM. I will have to keep looking for new BCMs. I think the ones I got should work on an MK7, but maybe not a 7.5.

steveaustin

Ready to race!
Just buy the parts with the BSM from e-acca like I did...it's a bit of a PIA to install this sh*t without having to rewire a damn mirror. The mirrors are cheap anyway why give yourself added complexity when these things only go for a little over 300 for a pair? I don't understand the logic. KISS

Genesis730

Passed Driver's Ed
Just buy the parts with the BSM from e-acca like I did...it's a bit of a PIA to install this sh*t without having to rewire a damn mirror. The mirrors are cheap anyway why give yourself added complexity when these things only go for a little over 300 for a pair? I don't understand the logic. KISS

I'm not sure if I'm just missing a sale but as I see, the Power Mirrors with DAP are $500

https://www.shopdap.com/mk7-gti-golfr-folding-mirrors-with-dap.html
And the standard Power Mirrors are $150.

(I bought mine used for less and saved $400)

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Well, I did the swap today and got everything working (at least from what I could tell in my garage).

Long story short, I should have just bought the mirrors with DAP from e-acca for ~$360 instead of trying to save money with the Chinese non DAP mirrors. I pretty much destroyed my stock mirrors getting the BSM wiring out.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
That’s pretty much how my experience went too. So much easier to just get the proper mirrors and do it that way.

Yep, the only reason I thought the Chinese ones were better was because you get the caps and turn signals and ashperical (non BSM) mirror glass with it as well.

I also found out that my sequential turn signals don't work with the new F series door module. I think this is an issue with all the sequential turn signals (Dynablink included) as the descriptions say they don't work with 2019 Golf R/GTI which is what I got my door modules out of.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
So has it been ruled out that AliExpress non BSM mirrors will indeed work on an MK7.5 2019 GTI? No need to mess with the door control modules?

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
So has it been ruled out that AliExpress non BSM mirrors will indeed work on an MK7.5 2019 GTI? No need to mess with the door control modules?

With a GTI it will work but you will have to transplant your BSM wiring from the stock mirrors to the Aliexpress ones, or just don't use BSM.

You might get some BSM not available warning lights though, but you should be able to turn that off in the MFD.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
With a GTI it will work but you will have to transplant your BSM wiring from the stock mirrors to the Aliexpress ones, or just don't use BSM.

You might get some BSM not available warning lights though, but you should be able to turn that off in the MFD.

I plan on doing just that. I'm quite confident and careful enough to dissect the BSM wiring off the donor stock mirrors and transplant them into the Chinese models.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
I plan on doing just that. I'm quite confident and careful enough to dissect the BSM wiring off the donor stock mirrors and transplant them into the Chinese models.

You should be good to go, then. I believe I have the same modules as you do in your '19 GTI (592/593F modules). You could double check by doing a full scan/dump on VCDS to make sure you have the 5 series modules.

lordnikon228

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Rabbit
You should be good to go, then. I believe I have the same modules as you do in your '19 GTI (592/593F modules). You could double check by doing a full scan/dump on VCDS to make sure you have the 5 series modules.
How do I check using obd11?

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Bumping an old thread. Pallet of pavers fell off a truck and took out my passenger mirror and I thought I'd save a few bucks ordering from Aliexpress. Spent way too long tonight trying to salvage the BSM wiring from my broken mirror so I know the good one will be twice as bad. I also ordered a set of the arteon/mk8 style BSM caps but they haven't arrived yet. As of now I have an idea to just harvest the door connector side of the wiring and solder on new wire leading to the mirror caps since they lack a connector and will need soldered anyway. Since I wasted so much time trying to get the wiring harness out I only completed installation of the passenger side assembly. I no longer have mirror turn signal or BSM errors but my infotainment is displaying the wrong resolution. Attempted a reboot with no success, is the DAP somehow interconnected with the infotainment?

EDIT: vw gremlins I guess. Flashed a new tune revision and everything works as normal after it cleared the codes. Drivers sonde goes on tonight then coding.

Last edited: