GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Potential

Rs77

Car(s)
focusrs
Hi,

Just joined as hopefully picking this car up. Only question is the hideous bottom skirt that has been fitted. Does anyone recognise which one it is? i do not fancy paying for a car which has had holes drilled into the bumper.

Cheers

Rear1.jpeg

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I don't know what it is, but it doesn't look like a bolt on addition that would have required drilling. It looks like a replacement that would use the same clips as the oem piece. Hard to tell from this angle though and without knowing exactly what it is.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
IMHO it looks good 😎. It looks better though on a car with the TCR side skirts as this picture of a GTI TCR demonstrates, because the bottom outer corners of the diffuser follow the lines of the TCR side skirts.

IMG_0198.jpeg

Styling-wise, IMHO the TCR is the Golf GTI at its best. I even like the factory option hex pattern decals on the rear quarter panel and doors when they’re on a Pure Grey car (I love Pure Grey).

@Rs77 - the GTI in the picture in your original post also has a non-standard non-OEM spoiler fitted along the top edge of the tailgate. The GTI badge lettering on the tailgate is black (if the car’s a GTI Performance model, the badge lettering would be red) so a previous owner has probably fitted black vinyl overlays to the original red lettering.

Rs77

Car(s)
focusrs
Thanks all for the replys. I personally would prefer the standard diffuser so will have to keep a look out for second hand OEM or talk to the dealer.

@SRGTD from the other pictures i believe it has a maxton extension fitted to the standard spoiler but i may be wrong, unfortunately the ad mentions nothing about being the performance model. Thinking i might steer clear of this car and wait for another to pop up.
rear2.jpeg

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
yeah i think if you don't want something with mods attached to it already, i'd pass on it. Some of us like the TCR because it's a part that the US never got (because we never got the TCR model).