GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your Watch and GTI Pics!

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Thanks! I still haven't gotten my hands on a Moonswatch yet to check it out in person.
They are pretty cool. Obviously much lighter on the wrist, but otherwise wears just like a regular Speedy.
Case shape is identical, even the crystal reflects and distorts almost the same.
The only thing that feels "off" is the subdial spacing - which it is.

cblock406

Ready to race!
They are pretty cool. Obviously much lighter on the wrist, but otherwise wears just like a regular Speedy.
Case shape is identical, even the crystal reflects and distorts almost the same.

Great shot, that looks awesome!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Watch aficianados......

I need a really simple mechanical watch.......prefer under $200 if that's possible, but throw me some ideas! This is definitely an everyday watch for work.....

The Citizen eco-drive Garrison looks nice.

Last edited:

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Something from, the Seiko 5 line up?
If you want to stretch the budget just a little further something from Hamilton?
Or if you want something a little out of the ordinary...Vostok

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Something from, the Seiko 5 line up?
If you want to stretch the budget just a little further something from Hamilton?
Or if you want something a little out of the ordinary...Vostok
Appreciate the recommendations....will check them out. Total newb here lol

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
I need a really simple mechanical watch.......prefer under $200 if that's possible, but throw me some ideas! This is definitely an everyday watch for work.....

Depends on your job and preferred style, but I agree with @vbrad26 and @Gray_Panther — Seiko, Orient, and Citizen all have dress watches and dive watches in that price point. The Orient 'Bambino' for example is a popular affordable dress watch. If you want something more casual like a diver, Orient has you covered there and so does Seiko (check out the SKX model divers).

Also... spend some time on the "affordable" watch forum on WatchUSeek, should be plenty of inspiration.

If you're willing to buy used (watchuseek classifieds, r/watchexchange on reddit, eBay, or gray market like Jomashop), or stretch your budge a tiny bit, that will open up even more options. For example, I've seen the original JDM Seiko Cocktail Time's (SARB065) sell for $200-$300.

If you shop around you might find stuff like this Tissot (don't know anything about it but it's automatic and has a nice look and Tissot is a well known Swiss brand).

Also just FYI in regards to the Citizen Eco-Drive you posted, Eco-Drive is not a mechanical watch. Nothing wrong with it especially at that price point, but if you want mechanical you might want to do some more research there.

IMO for $200 or slightly more you actually have quite a few options. If it were me I'd avoid anything that's a replica or direct copy of a well-known design (i.e. Rolex Submariner knockoffs like Invicta), but the most important thing is to get what you like!

Cheers!
🍻

harry green

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
golf tdi
They are pretty cool. Obviously much lighter on the wrist, but otherwise Tutuapp 9Apps Showbox wears just like a regular Speedy.

love it ! looks cool

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
After a lot of consternation and analysis, I went with the entry level Seiko 5 military (sucker for the classic look). I actually ordered the Citizen version and really didn’t like the look or feel, but this immediately was loved.

1E2C7840-63F5-4FC0-A26C-41C94DF865A3.jpeg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Great choice! I bet that thing is a strap monster as well.
Definitely stiff and the two loops to thread it through make it difficult, but once I break it in I’m sure it’ll be fine

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
After a lot of consternation and analysis, I went with the entry level Seiko 5 military (sucker for the classic look). I actually ordered the Citizen version and really didn’t like the look or feel, but this immediately was loved.

View attachment 273349
Looks great! I bought the same watch as a groomsman gift for a couple of my cousins, but in blue.

I have some 18mm nato straps that I no longer use, hit me up if you want me to send them over.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Looks great! I bought the same watch as a groomsman gift for a couple of my cousins, but in blue.

I have some 18mm nato straps that I no longer use, hit me up if you want me to send them over.
Nice groomsman gifts!!