GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your Watch and GTI Pics!

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
I think that's the rub with most people on this model. That here is what seems to be a known defect, and Tudor is not doing anything about it really. They haven't even acknowledged the problem nor said if there is even an actual fix. MOst speculate it was just a full movement swap. Some would be fine after but there were others who had the issue pop up again.
Wasn't such a big deal for the first few years because all of the watches were under warranty. But now those warranties are expiring...

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
There might be another AD, this was just the closest to me. The store I originally bought it from closed (they were an apparel store that happened to be a Tudor AD, but only sold a few brands of watches, Tudor being one).

I didn't care for the AD I went to. Everyone was polite, but the overall feel was very high end (it was a "Watches of Switzerland", so only watches, and they had a lot of high end stuff).

I did post a query on the WUS Rolex/Tudor forum a few months ago. I got responses saying more like 2 months wait and that Tudor was possibly fixing some of the date wheel issues out of warranty. Only real way to find out is to send it in though. But I'm not going to pay $800+ dollars, so if it came to that it would suck to have sent it off for nothing. I just spent $550 on the bracelet, so if I add another big sum and I'm going to have way more money in this watch than it's worth. It's sentimental and I won't be selling it, but still I want to be somewhat logical about it.

Agreed. Being a known issue especially with early batch GMT's (mine is from the first production year), I feel like it's a manufacturer defect and they should be fixing them all for free. Maybe they are with some. It's hard to know, Tudor themselves haven't really acknowledged the issue or said much about it, it's just anecdotes on forums.

I should have gotten a Seiko 5 GMT, that thing is sharp!!

I'm not sure I can? Is that possible? I was under the impression you had to go through an AD and hope for the best.

Not sure. I know if you have an issue with your VW and your dealer won’t do anything you can appeal your case to VW of America. I was assuming you could do the same thing with Tudor.

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
There might be another AD, this was just the closest to me. The store I originally bought it from closed (they were an apparel store that happened to be a Tudor AD, but only sold a few brands of watches, Tudor being one).

I didn't care for the AD I went to. Everyone was polite, but the overall feel was very high end (it was a "Watches of Switzerland", so only watches, and they had a lot of high end stuff).

I did post a query on the WUS Rolex/Tudor forum a few months ago. I got responses saying more like 2 months wait and that Tudor was possibly fixing some of the date wheel issues out of warranty. Only real way to find out is to send it in though. But I'm not going to pay $800+ dollars, so if it came to that it would suck to have sent it off for nothing. I just spent $550 on the bracelet, so if I add another big sum and I'm going to have way more money in this watch than it's worth. It's sentimental and I won't be selling it, but still I want to be somewhat logical about it.

Agreed. Being a known issue especially with early batch GMT's (mine is from the first production year), I feel like it's a manufacturer defect and they should be fixing them all for free. Maybe they are with some. It's hard to know, Tudor themselves haven't really acknowledged the issue or said much about it, it's just anecdotes on forums.

I should have gotten a Seiko 5 GMT, that thing is sharp!!

I'm not sure I can? Is that possible? I was under the impression you had to go through an AD and hope for the best.
Sell the Tudor and get the Seiko 5 GMT! By the time the Seiko breaks you can buy two of them for the cost of one service at Tudor!

But we all know we don’t buy watches for that reason!

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
That GMT looks great on the the strap! I still have mine on the bracelet. Was thinking about a strap like yours.
Thanks! The bracelet is awesome, people can bash at the jangleness of it, but for the price you really can’t beat it. I like to throw the bracelet on sometimes, but the strap is definitely the go-to option!

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Anyone get anything watch related for xmas?
My wife took our oldest daughter to NYC at the beginning of the month and was able to snag a few Swatch X Omega Moonswatches.
She picked me up an Earth, and Pluto as well as a Jupiter for a buddy of mine and a Venus for herself.
Only have a picture of the Earth at the moment...and its not in the GTI but oh well lol.

1672149989269.png

Swapped out the velcro strap that comes on it. It was bad. Still waiting on the new burgundy strap for the Pluto.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
1950s Elgin Aviator Field Watch from the Korean War that my father gave me. He is a big watch collector and had some really cool old (1850s) pocket watches. Still works great.
Interesting story on this watch. The dials are painted with radium, which is radioactive, so they would glow in the dark. Radium hasn’t been used since the late 60s I believe but this watch set off the radiation monitors at a nuclear plant I was working at. So…don’t bring old watches to work with you if you’re at a place that monitors for radiation.

C1109E1D-958D-44A1-8311-438605A1471C.jpeg
62BF0BEB-0E58-4DAB-9947-EAF00185960E.jpeg

EB2429

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTi 7.5
Yeah, the wave dial is nice and shows off the nice detailing that Omega can achieve, but I like the simplicity of the black dial and ceramic bezel. I almost wish they wouldn't keep making so many variations of the SMP. Imo it dilutes the model, if you know what I mean. Its distinctive in its own right and really doesn't need wholesale changes or 40 variants, I hate to say it but sometimes I think Omega could learn from Rolex in that area.

BTW I Iike both your Moonswatch and Speedmaster, I was close to buying a speedy a few times but never went for it and settled on the SMP and the 2nd time the GS. I still look at them longingly but doubt I will head down the Omega road again. That doesn't mean I would head to the dark side lol, I'm not a Rolex person the brand portrays an image which isn't really 'me', saying that I like the Explorer for some reason. But now I have the GS and seen it under a jewellers loupe I am looking at Japanese watches again for the next purchase.

Last edited:

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Yeah, the wave dial is nice and shows off the nice detailing that Omega can achieve, but I like the simplicity of the black dial and ceramic bezel. I almost wish they wouldn't keep making so many variations of the SMP. Imo it dilutes the model, if you know what I mean. Its distinctive in its own right and really doesn't need wholesale changes or 40 variants, I hate to say it but sometimes I think Omega could learn from Rolex in that area.

BTW I Iike both your Moonswatch and Speedmaster, I was close to buying a speedy a few times but never went for it and settled on the SMP and the 2nd time the GS. I still look at them longingly but doubt I will head down the Omega road again. That doesn't mean I would head to the dark side lol, I'm not a Rolex person the brand portrays an image which isn't really 'me', saying that I like the Explorer for some reason. But now I have the GS and seen it under a jewellers loupe I am looking at Japanese watches again for the next purchase.
The Speedmaster was my grail watch so to speak and I just went all in right from the get-go lol. I will have had that watch for 5 years come Feb (bought it as a 30th bday present).
You are definitely not alone in thinking that Omega tends to overdo it on new variations and limited editions. I mean they really do hah.
I'm with you on Rolex. Not crazy about their overall image but I'd really like my next purchase to be an Explorer II with the polar dial. But I'm not playing the Rolex availability (and price) game right now.
I think next time I'm at the AD I''ll see if a can get my name down for one and see what happens. Its give or take a year in most cases.