GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your Watch and GTI Pics!

cblock406

Ready to race!
Speaking of straps, I'm a big fan of Erika's Originals.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
A clasp?! The whole fun of a NATO is the risk of your watch just ejecting itself from your wrist and getting a close up of the floor.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Wait, what? Lol. Can someone explain this to me?
I thought NATO's were one of the safest straps. Because if you have a spring bar fail, it still keeps the watch on your wrist because the way the strap is routed...

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Wait, what? Lol. Can someone explain this to me?
I thought NATO's were one of the safest straps. Because if you have a spring bar fail, it still keeps the watch on your wrist because the way the strap is routed...
Depends on the weight of the watch, the strength of the springbar and force of the movement. I used to own a TH F1 automatic chrono, thing was a big boi but the spring bars I used were china-crap. Anyways i was shoveling with intensity and hit a rock. The watch flung right off my wrist and into the ground!

Thankfully, nothing happened to the movement and no additional damaged was discerned on the case besides an extremely small nick on the tachymeter.

Edit: Don’t cheap out on springbars when you have a heavier watch. My Omega AT isn’t heavy by automatic standards, but my seiko turtles are heavier so I use the OEM Seiko springbars with my nato straps on those watches.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I went through and purged all of the "free" ones that came with straps. I only use the ones that came with each watch now. That's code for my watches are indefinitely on winders, rattling around until I get around to selling them off because I wear this nerd device exclusively now.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Want to talk about my poor MK7? Lol.
That was the first time it was washed in probably 3 months.
I literally JUST took off my roof rack just so I could have the ability to put it through the new drive-thru by my house.
And you think that's bad...you should have seen all the dirt and grime under the feet of the racks, as they hadn't been off for 5 years!!!!

I'm in a good place when it comes to my car. I finally just don't give a shit what happens to it lol.
I have always been a very meticulous person when it comes to my car. And I still am to some degree.
But I no longer worry about new rock chips, little dings here and there.
The interior is spotless...but the outside? Not so much.
It lost its spot in the garage some time ago and that was the last straw for me...and for it too I suppose.
This is the longest I have ever owned any one car, by about double. I will have had it for 7 years this coming May.

I had planned to replace it when the MK8 came out, or at least consider it.
Not necessarily FOR a MK8, but I at least wanted to see them in the metal.
But with as crazy as the car market is right now, I've decided to wait at least another year.
I have no real reason to ditch the MK7, other than that I just want something new and perhaps a little bit larger.
However my grandmother is getting rid of her '17 A7, and if that turns out to be a good deal, I may jump on that.

Loop

Car(s)
2018 GTI
Been loving the GMT.
Taken yesterday while stuck in the drive thru car wash lol.
Nice man! I also have the GMT as well as the Black Bay 58. The 58 gets more wrist time for sure but the GMT is a solid piece.

Noticed you were in St. Pete, get it from Mayors?

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Nice man! I also have the GMT as well as the Black Bay 58. The 58 gets more wrist time for sure but the GMT is a solid piece.

Noticed you were in St. Pete, get it from Mayors?

I did, well...my wife did lol.
Was going to get the Speedy from them as well a few years back but that was when you could still get them on Jomashop for just over $3k so I ended up buying it from there and saved almost $1500 hah.
I didn't like the idea of buying grey market, but I knew it was going to be a legit watch, I just wouldn't have the warranty.
But I figured I could pay for 2 full services from Omega with the amount of money I saved. Luckily, after 4 years on the wrist (almost daily) it has been flawless.
However I don't think I would ever buy grey again unless the deal is just too good to pass up.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I have a few watches from Jomashop. If you're keeping it, who cares? The issue really only involves serial flippers.