GOLFMKV

Post your Watch and GTI Pics!

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
The wife came through this Xmas!
C869F0FD-8915-4C47-BB86-0B86EA651524.jpeg

Glad to finally have it after walking on one 6 months ago!

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
I must say pictures don't even do it justice.
In person it is fantastic. A nice mix of polished and brushed stainless.
The crystal has a nice subtle dome and I like that there is no cyclops on it.
I was worried about the size to be honest. Thought it would be a little thick.
And it is, but definitely not a deal breaker. I have pretty small wrists but it still sits nicely.
A little on the heavy side but I'm just used to slightly smaller watches. So I really have no complaints.
These things have a known issue with the date wheel. But supposedly they have been fixed as of mid-2020.
I suppose I'll keep an eye on it, but I'm not very worried about it. Has a nice 5 year warranty anyway lol.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Very nice. I have to say I think I like that more than the Black Bay. Is that watch as thicker or the same as the BB58?

The GMT is in fact a Black Bay. The case and bracelet is identical if I'm not mistaken.
The BB58 is smaller in all aspects compared to the regular Black Bay.

So the GMT is a little on the thick side. I was a little worried since I have pretty small wrists but it still fits nicely.
For me it all started when I wanted a dive watch. I already had the Speedy, and for whatever reason I've never been sold on any of the Seamasters (at least modern ones lol).
I also wanted something with a blue dial, so naturally I stumbled across the Pelagos in blue.
Once I tried it on, I thought it was too big for me. This was all around the time that Tudor started making their own movements so the Black Bay with the blue bezel and black dial was my next choice.
But it just wasn't exactly what I was looking for. I wanted more blue. It was also around this time that they released the GMT.
I really wanted a watch with a GMT function (I REALLY wanted a polar dial Explorer II - a 16570 - but prices on those started shooting up real fast so I knew that wasn't going to happen. Same story with the GMT Master II).
So the Tudor GMT sort of checked all the boxes for me. Dive watch (since it is still resistant up to 200m), had blue (and bonus red which I thought was nifty like the Pepsi GMTM2) and the GMT function.
I didn't even bother trying to get one for the first year or so they were out, as they were hard to come by. But as the date wheel issue exposed itself, they became more available.
I waited and watched to see what that was all about, and about a year ago I decided that I'm not worried about that and I was going to start looking for one.
And now here we are lol.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Well I mean if you want to work out a trade I'm all ears haha
I sold it, and my other watches. I still have a Sinn 856 (prefer the GMT function) that I need to service and sell though. I sold my soul and just wear a stupid Apple Watch now. I will eventually buy an A Lange or a VC just to have a "real" watch again, but that's a little ways off.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
I like what Sinn has to offer. Before I got the Speedy, I really liked the 103. Then I just realized I probably like it because I liked the Speedy.
So I passed on it lol.
I have an Apple Watch too. When I get home from work, I will put it on and leave my phone in my room (I hate how much time I spend on it). That way if I do have an important call/text/email...whatever, I'll be alerted to it.
I'll also wear it on the weekends or when exercising.
I'm done for now. There is really nothing else I want at the moment. But we all know how that goes...

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I like what Sinn has to offer. Before I got the Speedy, I really liked the 103. Then I just realized I probably like it because I liked the Speedy.
So I passed on it lol.
I have an Apple Watch too. When I get home from work, I will put it on and leave my phone in my room (I hate how much time I spend on it). That way if I do have an important call/text/email...whatever, I'll be alerted to it.
I'll also wear it on the weekends or when exercising.
I'm done for now. There is really nothing else I want at the moment. But we all know how that goes...
I used to work in Frankfurt, so bought mine direct when I was over there. It's been a good watch, but most of the German brands use SUG for cases, ETA for movements and similar indices and small parts. Damasko, Sinn and a bunch of others are sort of parts bin watches.