GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your Watch and GTI Pics!

rip steakface

Go Kart Newbie
What is that Russian diver?
vostok amphibia "scuba dude" (or frog man) case design 710 on a barton elite silicone band
this is a pretty detailed video of the history of it:

people seem to love them or hate them. i think they're a lot of fun as long as you're not expecting luxury levels of refinement. interesting engineering. tons of different case/dial/bezel combos. in-house russian movement. easily modded

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
It has been a while...

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Pick one up if you have the means.
With the discontinuation of the 1861 movement, they are only getting more expensive.
Weird that you can see the picture...right now it is a red X for me lol...

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
With the discontinuation of the 1861 movement, they are only getting more expensive.
Yeah but when you hit reply on your post it shows up.
I don’t have the means, but in a few more years it won’t matter how much they cost. I’ll be living that mortgage free life!

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
What about the new 3861? looks promising with plenty of throwback cues. 1861s are getting scarce and pricey.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
What about the new 3861? looks promising with plenty of throwback cues. 1861s are getting scarce and pricey.
Yeah it is definitely an upgrade movement-wise. 1861's are becoming a bit harder to find now, but I don't really see the price going up too much more.
Over the last 3 years prices in the grey market have gone up about $1000-$1500.
You wont see any steep discounts on them anymore but you should be able to still pick them up for a little under MSRP when you can find them.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
I wanted a blue Pelagos bad but when I tried it on it was just too much watch for my small wrist. Still love it though.
When Tudor released the blue bezel/dial BB 58 I was sold...again until I saw it and then I was like, eh...its too much blue haha.
Now I'm thinking I just want the regular BB with the black dial/blue bezel, or maybe the BB GMT with the Pepsi bezel.
Just too much other stuff going on right now for frivolous watch purchases...

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
I wanted a blue Pelagos bad but when I tried it on it was just too much watch for my small wrist. Still love it though.
When Tudor released the blue bezel/dial BB 58 I was sold...again until I saw it and then I was like, eh...its too much blue haha.
Now I'm thinking I just want the regular BB with the black dial/blue bezel, or maybe the BB GMT with the Pepsi bezel.
Can confirm on all the above. Black dial blue bezel is the way to go and can be had for a steal because of the hype around BB58!

I will post a pic later of my new addition. Got it for a killer price and very happy with it. The Omega AT is still my go to, very hard to take it off once its on!

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT

The newer BBs are way too big as well IMO. I think there's a reason the 58 is so popular, and the BB gaining a lot of thickness when they went to the in house movement a few years ago has something to do with it.

I love the blue on blue BB58. I put my name down on an AD's waitlist but I'm not hopeful at all.