GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your Watch and GTI Pics!

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
How long have you had your watches? My forty year old Rolex lost about 3 minutes a month. There's no way that not knowing the time within 3 minutes, or even half of that isn't a comical disadvantage. Add in $900 service every five years just to keep it that "accurate." My Sinn with an ETA movement is currently running about 5 minutes a day slow. That's just useless. I might as well wear a sundial. And paying $500 to temporarily fix that just seems silly when it's worth, at best, 3x that.

I've had various watches over the years. My less than a grand Hami is 6 years old. My Orients are younger. Have had some Vostok watches over the years. Never had any off by more than about 30 seconds a day (cheapest ones).

900 service fee is enough to get a Hami that will stay pretty damn accurate. Was your Rolex always that way?

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
All of mine are in spec enough that it does not bother me.
I rotate enough that most of them will be dead by the time I put them on again, which means I'm re-setting the time anyway.
I think both my Hammy and Speedy gain time though if I wear for a while.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
900 service fee is enough to get a Hami that will stay pretty damn accurate. Was your Rolex always that way?
It always lost time, to varying degrees. Somehow I've never had a watch run fast. That was a gold Rolex, the service on steel ones should be a little cheaper. Although the gold ones also like to deform the winding tube, adding a few hundred more to each service.

This has reminded me that I'd really like to find a GO Panoretrograph to give my five year old when he graduates. Such a lovely movement, I don't care if it's accurate.

patrick_b

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE 6MT
I bough my first mechanical watch in 2000, an Omega Seamaster and have owned dozens since then at all price points and wear them daily.

IMG_5756.jpg

The rotation sits at three these days, Rolex GMTIIC Ref 116710 purchased in 08, Tudor Pelagos Ref. 25600 purchased in ‘18 and my favorite but least worn, a vintage Omega Chronostop. It was my late fathers, a gift from my mom in 1967.

Its an odd one, a [completely useless] single pusher chronograph that’s designed to be worn under the wrist with an offset dial. It’s a driver’s watch so you can see the dial while holding a steering wheel. It was a terrible seller but rather unique. You can only time something for 60 seconds. First press of the pusher starts the chronograph, second push stops it and when you release the pusher it resets. If you read Omega's late 60's marketing, it's designed to measure time in 5th of a second :D.

2018-12-14 21.44.30.jpg

01_bc-fc_1240w.jpg

06-07_1240w.jpg

Last edited:

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
I bough my first mechanical watch in 2000, an Omega Seamaster and have owned dozens since then at all price points and wear them daily.

View attachment 182874

The rotation sits at three these days, Rolex GMTIIC Ref 116710 purchased in 08, Tudor Pelagos Ref. 25600 purchased in ‘18 and my favorite but least worn, a vintage Omega Chronostop. It was my late fathers, a gift from my mom in 1967.

Its an odd one, a [completely useless] single pusher chronograph that’s designed to be worn under the wrist with an offset dial. It’s a driver’s watch so you can see the dial while holding a steering wheel. It was a terrible seller but rather unique. You can only time something for 60 seconds. First press of the pusher starts the chronograph, second push stops it and when you release the pusher it resets. If you read Omega's late 60's marketing, it's designed to measure time in 5th of a second :D.

View attachment 182875

View attachment 182876

View attachment 182877

Woah that's a cool omega. Didn't even know that was a thing. Cool collection sir!

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
or om...a..g..a..? (n)
Reminds me of when I worked in Germany and was having a casual conversation about cars with a colleague and she said AMG in German which sounds exactly like"I am gay", Aah Emm Guh. I had a Bah Emm Veh Emm car at the time, so that made me laugh a little more than was probably appropriate.