GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your Watch and GTI Pics!

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Ehh I don't think this thread should really be limited to JUST the GTI.

I say post away lol.

Don’t mind if I do! Happy Halloween!

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
It's huge, and there is also another very small one lol.
I have been on a cruise since last Friday so I come back to a whole new forum!

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
It's huge, and there is also another very small one lol.
I have been on a cruise since last Friday so I come back to a whole new forum!

I don’t know how to make it smaller. It was much easier on tapatalk! Wearing my dad’s aquaracer before sending it to Tag for service.

Attachments

• A01E4AA9-23C3-4036-8E84-4FCA66F0734C.jpeg
    A01E4AA9-23C3-4036-8E84-4FCA66F0734C.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 118

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Matches your Car!

Wore mine while working on the GTI over the weekend...does that count? Hah.
Cleaned out the AFE and replaced the cabin filter. Also put in some LED plate lights I've had sitting around.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
It does not have a car in the picture but I did aquire an early 60's (I believe) Seamaster from my Grandfather.
Have not had a chance to get the caseback off and look at the movement. Will also be ditching the stretchy band in favor of leather.
I don't know how much actual wrist time it will get. I initially thought none since gold is not really my thing lol.
But the more I look at it the more I like it. And once I get that old band off and replace it with a leather one I think I will like it even more.

And just for fun...here is a picture of him wearing it while holding me in the very early 90's...

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
It does not have a car in the picture but I did aquire an early 60's (I believe) Seamaster from my Grandfather.
Have not had a chance to get the caseback off and look at the movement. Will also be ditching the stretchy band in favor of leather.
I don't know how much actual wrist time it will get. I initially thought none since gold is not really my thing lol.
But the more I look at it the more I like it. And once I get that old band off and replace it with a leather one I think I will like it even more.

And just for fun...here is a picture of him wearing it while holding me in the very early 90's...

That’s in amazing condition! Any plans to have the movement serviced?
It sounds like you are looking forward to wearing it when you get new straps. Navy blue will pair nicely with the gold. I am sure your grandfather will be happy to see you wear it.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Lol what are you doing with the stack of $2's?

My goofball brother gave them to me for my birthday ages ago. Sat on my dresser for years, then I finally took the stack to Vegas and threw it down on a craps table. We know the box man so he thought it was funny - the pit boss, not so much. He glared at me as the box man had to count the entire stack before exchanging it for chips. Only took me a few minutes to make it disappear. :p

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
That’s in amazing condition! Any plans to have the movement serviced?
It sounds like you are looking forward to wearing it when you get new straps. Navy blue will pair nicely with the gold. I am sure your grandfather will be happy to see you wear it.

For being a daily wearer that he did not baby in any sense of the word, yes, lol it is in great shape. The lighting in that pic definitely hides some of its age though.
I do not plan to have it polished or anything, however I did hit the crystal with some PolyWatch and it helped it out a bit. I think I want to leave it alone. I mean that's what you are supposed to do with vintage pieces anyway right?
But yes, I will more than likely have it serviced. Next time I see my grandfather I plan to ask him if he has any idea the last time it was serviced (I won't be surprised if he says "never" hah).
I'm hoping to get it open this weekend and depending on what we see I may leave it at the watchmaker for service.
Here is a closeup of it under direct, bright, LED light and pre PolyWatch...

My goofball brother gave them to me for my birthday ages ago. Sat on my dresser for years, then I finally took the stack to Vegas and threw it down on a craps table. We know the box man so he thought it was funny - the pit boss, not so much. He glared at me as the box man had to count the entire stack before exchanging it for chips. Only took me a few minutes to make it disappear. :p

Hah, sounds like me in Vegas. Well, the loosing money part....