GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your Watch and GTI Pics!

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
That's a stupid good deal.
Good enough that you just suck it up and buy it and figure the rest out later lol.

Will they take the Tag in on trade?
I'm sure you won;t get nearly as much for it but it's always an option.

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
That's a stupid good deal.
Good enough that you just suck it up and buy it and figure the rest out later lol.

Will they take the Tag in on trade?
I'm sure you won;t get nearly as much for it but it's always an option.

Exactly my thinking. I am sure I will get sub 1k from them if I traded in my Tag. But looking on eBay I am more sure i can get my money back or more if I sell privately.
And for that price which I can get tax free, I am trying to find a reason as to why I shouldn’t pick this up. Ugh it’s so beautiful! It really sang to me.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
My Longines Conquest VHP.

Attachments

• IMG_8491.jpeg
    IMG_8491.jpeg
    278 KB · Views: 278

Evil Minion

Ready to race!
Walked into my local jeweler. They are selling this aqua terra, brand new, for $3600.
I can’t stop figuring out a way to sell my Tag F1 chrono and pick up this piece instead.
https://www.jomashop.com/omega-watch-231-90-39-21-04-001.html

That thing is gorgeous, but that's a suspicious price when MSRP is over $8k.
If true, it's way too good to pass up. Even if you don't end up loving it after a few months, should at least make all your money back and then some in a resale.

I've got a huge soft spot for Omega's, and the newer Speedmaster Racing line in particular. Actually have 5 watches I rarely wear listed on eBay currently to fund the purchase :)

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
That thing is gorgeous, but that's a suspicious price when MSRP is over $8k.
If true, it's way too good to pass up. Even if you don't end up loving it after a few months, should at least make all your money back and then some in a resale.

I've got a huge soft spot for Omega's, and the newer Speedmaster Racing line in particular. Actually have 5 watches I rarely wear listed on eBay currently to fund the purchase :)

I went back in again yesterday to show my woman the watch and I actually was wrong about the indexes color. They were black and not blue so the price at $3600 was still a great deal I just no longer was as excited as I was. For some reason for the 4 seconds I looked at it before the salesman threw a speedmaster on my wrist my brain registered the dial colors as blue and white not black and white. Anyways here is the correct watch.

It still is an absolute stunner.

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
I have been thinking about it for the past couple nights. I just can’t do it. Not in the right position just yet.
It’s ok, like my father says, “you miss one bus another one will coming along shortly after.”

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Well I planted the seed in my wife’s head as a 30th birthday gift. Let’s see if I can harvest it soon.
In the meantime I put my F1 chrono for sale on craigslist and will also try this forum and watchuseek too to see if I can sell it that way.
So if anyone is interested in my watch, feel free to pm me. Mods, if I am unable to post this message, please delete the post rather than the thread :)

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Wife got this one for me to match the gti. I'm loving the eco-drive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Eco drive goes nicely with the Canadian tuxedo you’re going with there.
I laughed a little to hard at this!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Jhawkgti

Passed Driver's Ed
A buddy just sent me a link to a watch place called ‘Undone’. Mocked up this one. Anyone ever deal with them?

Attachments

• 2CAE4F8A-0A2E-41E0-BE3B-C97008654E33.jpeg
    2CAE4F8A-0A2E-41E0-BE3B-C97008654E33.jpeg
    151.9 KB · Views: 326

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
I like the idea of Eco-Drive until you don't wear it for a long time and then have to stick it in the sun to get it ticking again lol.
Pretty much every time I pull out my Citizen it's dead and then I put it in the window to wear next time.
I have started pulling out the crown during storage to avoid it dying on me.

As for undone, no. No personal experience, except that I killed an hour or so building watches when I first heard of them lol.
However I do believe it has a pretty reliable Seiko movement.